Snow Tails» Forums » Rules

Subject: Start Section setup rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Vista
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
The rules state the start section should be placed with the 1st position lining up with the inside of the first corner. So are the examples of the Nutcracker, Riddler, and Treemendous track setups shown in the rulebook incorrect with regards to the orientation of their start sections?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my Asmodee edition's book, every example track has the number 1 position on the inside of the first curve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Vista
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Thanks for the quick reply and checking your rulebook. I was looking at the rulebook from the latest Renegade version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Then it may very well be a mistake.

Does your edition give sleds in the 4 and 5 position 1 or 2 extra cards?

Mine does - to make it easier for those sleds to drift 'inwards' at the first curve, away from crashing on the outside of the first curve. It's clearly the best way to set up my tracks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
is this from your rulebook?;

if so, it is correct. The blue area is the first curve and 1 is towards the inside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Vista
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
The Start Setup Section in the Nutcracker setup in the Renegade rulebook is reversed compared to the one you posted. So some of the new diagrams are incorrect. Thanks for clearing that up for me. The new diagrams also look like the actual pieces used in the game. Although it is hard to see, I think some of the Finish Sections are also incorrectly placed in the new rulebook. To answer your other question, the rules are the same regarding the 4th place position taking an extra card and the 5th place position taking 2 extra cards. Thanks 1 Lucky Texan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well, I guess I can't find any images from the renegade book but, seems like you have it worked out.

1st lane on Start piece to the inside of the first curve and RED flags on the right side of the track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Scott
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting this. I had the same question so from what is being said, the Renegade rulebook is wrong in the regard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls