Popular Tags: [View All]
Jurn
Netherlands
Barendrecht
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh nooooo!! I was soo excited for this game after buying it as a sort of blind buy @ SPIEL with the preview video from Paul (excellent work!) as my only research.

I had hoped for a very thematic game of throwing away money and fancy artwork. I put this on the table yesterday evening and we stopped after the fourth round, because we were just not feeling it.

It's absolutely not a bad game, but it felt very abstract, dry and mathy. I didn't even look at the flavour text and artwork of the cards anymore, I was just so fixed on the effects of the cards. All the excitement I had for playing this game vaporized after round 2 or so.

Again it is not a bad game, but if you are expecting a thematic fun card game, with some light work placement aspects, you might be as disappointed as I am after playing this, YMMV.

Fire away cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serena
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess you haven't played Last Will, because from my try at Spiel it didn't feel less thematic than it's 'older brother'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stewart Evardson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I have to keep stopping myself after I've played a bunch of cards to then look at what I did in a thematic sense instead of a maths sense.

I still enjoy the game though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Evett
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
We played several times at BGG.CON 2015, and as a lover of Last Will I enjoyed the game but did feel it was quite a bit less thematic to play. Not sure why that should be, but probably just because you look at cards on the board and not in your hand (so little opportunity to read the text), and because there is so much symbol matching to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls