Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Some things that came up starting the game with a group of friends...

1. Can you harvest terrain (e.g. ore) after the monster has been slain in a Showdown, or does death instantly end the Showdown so you no longer have the opportunity to harvest?

2. In one hunt event, we had one character die and another stripped of all gear. At the time, we just assigned the gear from the deceased to the naked survivor. Reading afterwards, it looks like that wasn't "by the book", the gear should have gone back to camp instead. Is this correct?

3. The rules state that resources (e.g. Arcanthus) can be used "at any time". Are there really no limitations? I can wait until the moment of death and potentially save myself if the resource would do so?

4. You can do Augury (Organ Grinder) as often as you can afford it, right? Not once-only or once-per-character (per Settlement phase)?

5. Does a Severe Injury have an implied Knockdown (like a Heavy hit does). This came up because someone lost a leg and it seemed odd that she didn't fall over

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
I floop the pig!
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Showdown ends immediately after monster death

2. Yes, it should have gone back to camp. Once the Huntil starts, you can only add gear to a gear grid if specifically instructed

3. Yes

4. Yes, as often as you can pay the endeavor

5. If the severe injury doesn't specifically mention knockdown, you remain standing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Fontaine
France
flag msg tools
mb
Olvenskol wrote:
Some things that came up starting the game with a group of friends...

1. Can you harvest terrain (e.g. ore) after the monster has been slain in a Showdown, or does death instantly end the Showdown so you no longer have the opportunity to harvest?

2. In one hunt event, we had one character die and another stripped of all gear. At the time, we just assigned the gear from the deceased to the naked survivor. Reading afterwards, it looks like that wasn't "by the book", the gear should have gone back to camp instead. Is this correct?

3. The rules state that resources (e.g. Arcanthus) can be used "at any time". Are there really no limitations? I can wait until the moment of death and potentially save myself if the resource would do so?

4. You can do Augury (Organ Grinder) as often as you can afford it, right? Not once-only or once-per-character (per Settlement phase)?

5. Does a Severe Injury have an implied Knockdown (like a Heavy hit does). This came up because someone lost a leg and it seemed odd that she didn't fall over

Thanks in advance!
1) No, the showdown ends as soon as the monster is dead.

2) No transfer of gear is allowed during Hunt or Showdown, unless specifically stated in the rulebook (if any such instance exists).

I'll add that the only time you can do so is when you prepare your survivors for Hunt (and not before during the settlement phase). I don't know if it has consequences, but you never know.

3) don't know the answer, will have to check the rulebook later.

4) You can trigger augury as long as there's endeavor remaining. HOWEVER, even if common, the endeavors are actually spent by the returning survivors specifically and individually (but it can come from a common decision).
For augury for example, each survivor is be able to roll once on the table as long as they haven't used their own endeavor before , like for innovating or crafting certain gear);

5) it sounds odd, but you actually get auto knocked down only when you fill in the heavy lined injury box on any hit location on a survivor's sheet (or the brain injury box). Otherwise it would have to be specified in the severe injury description.

Hope that helps to clarify things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmit Svenson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
azhagmorglum wrote:
... endeavors are actually spent by the returning survivors specifically and individually...For augury for example, each survivor is be able to roll once on the table as long as they haven't used their own endeavor before , like for innovating or crafting certain gear)...
This turns out not to be the case. On page 81, the rules say you select which survivor performs an endeavor, and deduct the endeavor from the common pool. It does not say you must choose a returning survivor, or that each survivor may only spend one endeavor, or give any other restriction.

Which makes sense, since otherwise you'd need rules to decide who could spend endeavors gained from Graves and Collective Toil and so on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
emmit svenson wrote:
azhagmorglum wrote:
... endeavors are actually spent by the returning survivors specifically and individually...For augury for example, each survivor is be able to roll once on the table as long as they haven't used their own endeavor before , like for innovating or crafting certain gear)...
This turns out not to be the case. On page 81, the rules say you select which survivor performs an endeavor, and deduct the endeavor from the common pool. It does not say you must choose a returning survivor, or that each survivor may only spend one endeavor, or give any other restriction.

Which makes sense, since otherwise you'd need rules to decide who could spend endeavors gained from Graves and Collective Toil and so on.
Additionally, some innovations or events require two endeavors at a time. You wouldn't be able to do this with an endeavor per person. Granted Tinker would help with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls