Subject: Chapter 6 setup: Utter confusion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
El Jefe
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
After going through the base game, HoG and now DT, we've set up and gone through a lot of chapters. With chapter 6, we're completely lost on where the mice start. Do we set the tree branch and 2 tiles apart and just play them separately? Something else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the bottom of page 58, it shows where the mice start. There's a white mouse head icon on the corner of the tree overlay, that's where they start.

The tree overlay starts the game on top of Puddleby and the branch overlay starts the game connected to the tree overly and on top of Brokenwood.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The mice start in the corner of the tree, with 4 Firebelly Newts being placed on the last (furthest away from mice)space of the branch overlay. The goal of this starting setup is that the mice are trying to chop off the branch in order to make a bridge for the egg be be rolled over the chasm on Brokenwood. So after the branch gets chopped off, the mice (or at least one) have to go back to the corner where they started, and a mouse has to explore down to Puddleby. When they explore to Puddleby, you remove the tree overlay and place the mice in the corner of the tile on the space under the corner of the tree they were at, and proceed with the rest of the setup as instructed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Jefe
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Yeah, I screwed this post up. Thanx for responding. It's the end of the chapter when we get to Thistle Ridge. From what we could tell, we entered a space under the tree branch.

I don't know if we did it correctly, but we put the tree branch pieces together and set them aside from the 2 tiles. Then we just played with them set apart. Bad luck on the initiative cards put the roaches first. They ended up taking out Notch and Meeps but we managed to clear the tile (even with a fire belly newt surge) to get then back in the game. We eventually put the tiles and branches together again. We ended up 2 cheese short of a surge that would have ended it for us.

Also, for the final push of the egg into the nest we rolled a pair of dice. By our estimation, a movement of 6 would have put the egg into and then out of the nest. With no mouse on the other side, we figured the egg had a really good chance of falling off the branch. Rolled a 4 and the egg ended up in the nest.

Sometimes we're not entirely sure how to interpret things. As long as we (me and my 2 kids) have a good time, we try to to worry about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls