Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: EurogamerMicrobadge: Microbrewery beer loverMicrobadge: LutheranMicrobadge: Maracaibo fanMicrobadge: Golden Meeple
We're starting a regular game meetup at the new brewpub in Seward (east central Nebraska). Anyone interested in board and card games and craft beer is encouraged to join in.

Location: Bottle Rocket Brewing, 5th Street, one block south of Hwy 34

Time: Sundays at 3:00 until we're done (they close at 8:00 on Sundays)

Bringing your own food is welcome, because they do not have a food menu yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Gifford
United States
South Sioux City
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
As in, starting today?

Can you give any examples of games you might play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: EurogamerMicrobadge: Microbrewery beer loverMicrobadge: LutheranMicrobadge: Maracaibo fanMicrobadge: Golden Meeple
Russ G. wrote:
As in, starting today?

Can you give any examples of games you might play?
Yes, we are starting today. If you are in the area, we'd love to meet you! We're friendly gamers - not win-at-all-cost, cutthroat players.

There likely will be a mix of lighter to medium games. Some of us have a series of Pandemic Legacy going, and we hope to get in one game of that. I plan to bring along Kraftwagen and San Juan and something smaller, like Biblios. Others might bring more.

The pub also has a few games on hand: Love Letter, Snake Oil, Lanterns, and Brew Crafters travel card game, plus some playing cards.

My wife and I tend to prefer euros, but some others who are coming also like thematic games, so there could be a mixture of stuff.

What do you like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Fagan
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mb
I have been trying to find a decent Euro friendly board game group since I moved to the Lincoln area about a year ago. I have had only minimal success so far. The best I have found to this point is a sub par group that plays at a store in Bellevue, which isn't very convenient for me. Based on the short list you mentioned, it appears your group might be a little 'too casual' for my preference, but perhaps you can give me some more insight.

I prefer medium to heavy weight Eurogames but also enjoy some lighter Euros as well, such as:

Light games -
7 Wonders
Peloponnes
La Isla
Last Will
Nations the dice game
Glen More

Medium games -
Agricola
Tzolkin the Mayan Calendar
Castles of Bugundy
Five Tribes
Elysium
Dungeon Lords

Heavy games -
Trajan
Zhanguo
Through the Ages
Terra Mystica

This is just a small sample list of the kind of games I own and play. Would your game group include at least a few players that would be interested in games such as these?
I am also always picking up the newest games I find like these (I will be getting my kick starter copy of Trickerion: Legends of Illusion sometime next week, and also The Gallerist probably later this month).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
Stephen,
Great to hear from you! First let me say that medium-heavy euros are my sweet spot. My favorite three games are Terra Mystica, Trajan, and Concordia. There are several of us who love the games you named. You should come to our monthly game night at Concordia, where we get a wide mix of games played, including those kind of euros.

At Bottle Rocket we donated lighter games that pub goers would not find intimidating. But when we get together, we also bring some of our own to play. This is a new setting for a meetup, so we are still getting used to it, but some heavier stuff would be welcome.

It's also great to post ahead of time and offer a specific game.

Hopefully we can meet you and play something together soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Moller
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sfcolorado8 wrote:
I have been trying to find a decent Euro friendly board game group since I moved to the Lincoln area about a year ago. I have had only minimal success so far. The best I have found to this point is a sub par group that plays at a store in Bellevue, which isn't very convenient for me. Based on the short list you mentioned, it appears your group might be a little 'too casual' for my preference, but perhaps you can give me some more insight.

I prefer medium to heavy weight Eurogames but also enjoy some lighter Euros as well, such as:

Light games -
7 Wonders
Peloponnes
La Isla
Last Will
Nations the dice game
Glen More

Medium games -
Agricola
Tzolkin the Mayan Calendar
Castles of Bugundy
Five Tribes
Elysium
Dungeon Lords

Heavy games -
Trajan
Zhanguo
Through the Ages
Terra Mystica

This is just a small sample list of the kind of games I own and play. Would your game group include at least a few players that would be interested in games such as these?
I am also always picking up the newest games I find like these (I will be getting my kick starter copy of Trickerion: Legends of Illusion sometime next week, and also The Gallerist probably later this month).

Psst!

Lincoln BGGers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
Anyone interested in games and beer at Bottle Rocket this Sunday (12/6) around 3:00 or so?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
Quick update for anyone in the area: we still meet most Sunday afternoons at Bottle Rocket, usually starting at 2:00. Today we started with three of us, so we played a quick game of Brew Crafters: Travel Card Game, which is in the game library on site. A fourth player arrived, and we jumped into a good game of The Voyages of Marco Polo. All four scores were in the 50s or 60s. Then two of us had to leave, but the other two tried out The Pursuit of Happiness.

The beer is good and the company is most enjoyable. If you are near Seward or passing through, join us!

The easiest way to keep up with the weekly details is on the FB group "Seward Gamers Guild".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls