Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Björn
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to my profile I suddenly only own 8 games, while it should be 86. The games are still visible under "All" but they don't have the "own" status set anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: GeekChatterMicrobadge: Rush fanMicrobadge: Plays Games with LoverMicrobadge: Spirit Island fanMicrobadge: Rainbow
Cool! You can buy over 70 more games and not feel stressed about making your collection too big.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My bank account begs to differ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
Cool! You can buy over 70 more games and not feel stressed about making your collection too big.
And suddenly it's very easy to choose what to play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the culprit. It's the Board Game Bible App on iOS. It totally messes up the own / wishlist flag when you sync it with your account.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: I speak EsperantoMicrobadge: Safe, Sane, ConsensualMicrobadge: Human RightsMicrobadge: MasochistMicrobadge: Vegan
I keep seeing this subject "My collection is almost gone" on the front page, and now I keep imagining alternate stories...

"I decided to trim my collection down from 237 games to only the 10 games I most enjoy playing!"

"I came home and found my home had been burglarized, and almost all my games were stolen!"

"I'm moving soon to a remote jungle for a 3-year biological research project, and so I'm getting rid of all my stuff."

"My recent divorce settlement included that my ex gets most of our games..."

...etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Taylor
United States
Camino
California
flag msg tools
Microbadge: The 7th Continent fanMicrobadge: The Willow Game fanMicrobadge: Hangtown fanMicrobadge: HeroQuest fanMicrobadge: Werewolf fan
Is there anything that can be done about this? I tried the same app, and my collection of almost 500 games got wiped out. I don't even know how to feel right now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are they still in the App? If they are, then I'd say wait. The dev is aware of the problem and will fix it. Maybe you will be able to restore them by resyncing them again once it's fixed. You can also try contacting the dev on the official Facebook Page for the App.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig W
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same thing happened to me here. Entire collection and wishlist gone (Except for oddly, 1 random item).

And the same thing on my phone - it seems to have 'synced' the empty collection.

Anyone know how to resolve this, or heard anything from the publisher?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig W
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would need to re-enter ~450 games and expansions to fix this manually. I've contacted BGG admins to see if there's a backup or something, and also trying to track down the app publisher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crwills wrote:
I would need to re-enter ~450 games and expansions to fix this manually. I've contacted BGG admins to see if there's a backup or something, and also trying to track down the app publisher.
It seems unfair to burden BGG with cleaning up some mess that an app makes in your collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But there's also no harm done in asking them if they can help. Maybe it's as easy for them as pushing a button, maybe they'll say no. But it doesn't hurt to ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
"The raised fist logo may represent unity or solidarity, generally with oppressed peoples."
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level III - Are we geeks because we gaze at the stars, or do we gaze at them because we are geeks?Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level V - My God! It's Full of Stars!Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level IV - The journey of a thousand crits begins with a single roll...
Sorry, there is not much we can do about this. Hopefully the app developer will be able to fix this for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig W
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I agree. I wasn't expecting anything - just asking whether it was feasible.

Turns out it isn't.

Anyway, this is totally on me - I chose to use the app, and let it sync my collection, resulting in this issue. Just figured I'd give the easy road a try.

On the plus side, I get to revisit my whole collection. Something to do over the holidays...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig W
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers Daniel, appreciate the response. I figured as much, and no worries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you know that you can set the owned / whishlist flag directly in the "All" view? You just have to click in the Status field.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Costa
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, this is my fault. I created the app and there was a bug in the sync collection logic that marked all the games as unowned (same for wishlist).

It is fixed to the correct behavior in version 1.7 which came out late last week.

I can work with anyone to restore it as closely as possible to it's previous version (the API doesn't tell you the previous state so I can mark all games changed on a certain date as owned again - that will mark your wishlist games as owned as well though).

All these changes would require a password since those functions require that. If that is something you are not willing to part with, I think I could add another button there to force your app collection of owned/wishlist to update the BGG site (normally it only works the other way around in the app).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls