Subject: Questions About Components rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darian Haplo
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
I've mentioned some of these in the KS comments but haven't been able to really get a solid answer for any of them so:

What materials is the S&S Card Deck Holder going to be made out of?

Will there be Deluxe Hero Sheets for the KS E, Stretch Goal, and Add-On Heroes or are those only for the 5 Base Game Heroes?

Is the KS Exclusive Game Box going to be big enough to hold all of the contents of the Immortal Hero pledge level?

If the KS Exclusive Game Box isn't going to be big enough then would it be possible to get an additional box of the same size as an add-on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Fire
United States
Warwick
RI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can only answer your first question with confidence; they stated in the KS comments that the holder is laser cut wood.

Your second question, I think the intention is that the deluxe sheets will be there for all the heroes we end up with.

The last two I have no idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky W
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding box,

I remember reading it will be a special big box for everything, but that was announced before the dragon appeared. So if it will hold all immortal stuff I also don't know, but strongly hope so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Olsén
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It has been stated that the dragon expansion will not fit into the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We expect to have two boxes - one to fit all the Legendary Hero rewards, a second box to fit the Add-ons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, while we're at it: does anyone know whether the deluxe hero sheets are in addition to the normal ones or whether they replace the normal ones. In addition would be cool, as one might be able to play both alignments of the same character in one group (with the miniatures add-on).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wulung chuanfa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cybernex wrote:
We expect to have two boxes - one to fit all the Legendary Hero rewards, a second box to fit the Add-ons.

So then am I correct in assuming that everything we get (including stretch goals) with the exception of any purchased add on's (like the dragon expansion) will fit in the special big KS game box?? The second box for expansions you mention--will it be decorated and look relatively similar to the main box? Any thoughts on the dimensions of these boxes (my storage space is really limited and I have to plan ahead)???

Thanks and have a great day,

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
michael4928 wrote:
cybernex wrote:

So then am I correct in assuming that everything we get (including stretch goals) with the exception of any purchased add on's (like the dragon expansion) will fit in the special big KS game box?? The second box for expansions you mention--will it be decorated and look relatively similar to the main box? Any thoughts on the dimensions of these boxes (my storage space is really limited and I have to plan ahead)???

Thanks and have a great day,

Michael
Michael, I am not sure about the final size yet (I have to see exactly the amount of packaging required to make the dragon safe to ship), roughly I think it will be two boxes either of similar size (e.g. 40 x 27 x 10 cm) or compatible sizes (e.g. 40 x 27 x 13 and 40 x 27 x 8 cm).
The add-on box will have a graphic design, not a plain "brown box"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
mbmbmbmbmb
cybernex wrote:
The add-on box will have a graphic design, not a plain "brown box"
I'd have been happy with a brown box so this is awesome!!! laugh thumbsup Will be awesome to have the dragon expansion in it's own box and to have graphics is even better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gorka Morka
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm on the fence of getting the immortal pledge before the PM closes. I'd like to know if the additional power cards are just for the "basic" 5 heroes or for all 19 heroes. I was just so dissappointed with the way Galaxy Defenders handled the KS extra characters. E.g. the two matrix style characters can't upgrade their weapons, the psionic can't use psionics in the base game, there is no power armor for them, since the expansions come only with power armor for the 5 base classes, etc. (we wanted to play through the entire 3-box-campaing with the chars). I know I could have mitigated most of those points if I would have paid another 100 bucks and gotten the "complete" (I think it was called "galaxy pledge level") pledge level. But getting additional characters that only have the fraction of the usefulness of the base characters is just disappointing.

So: will only the 5 base chars have those superior customization options or will every char benefit from the new power cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
The new powers are equally distributed between all Free heroes, so, you will not receive powers that you can't use without a particular hero. Optional heroes have their own powers and they can be played through the entire campaign (ACT I, II and side quests).

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gorka Morka
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi there.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm not sure I understand your distinction
between "free" and "optional" heroes though. What are free heroes? Are
all heroes that you get with the base version "free", eaning also the
KS extras? Are only the heroes you have to buy seperately (Onamor, Volkor
and Samyria) optional? Or are just the 5 base heroes the "free" ones?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gorkar wrote:
I'm not sure I understand your distinction
between "free" and "optional" heroes though. What are free heroes?
I can't speak to what the expanded power cards will specifically include, but free heroes are the ones included in the Kickstarter reward without needing to spend more than the base pledge. That includes the five heroes that will come with the retail core set, the Standard Bearer who is exclusive to this Kickstarter, and the 5 others that were unlocked via stretch goals (so there's a total of 11 free heroes).

Optional heroes are the ones only available via add-ons, and they all come with new items and powers tailored to them as part of the add-on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skaak wrote:
Gorkar wrote:
I'm not sure I understand your distinction
between "free" and "optional" heroes though. What are free heroes?
I can't speak to what the expanded power cards will specifically include, but free heroes are the ones included in the Kickstarter reward without needing to spend more than the base pledge. That includes the five heroes that will come with the retail core set, the Standard Bearer who is exclusive to this Kickstarter, and the 5 others that were unlocked via stretch goals (so there's a total of 11 free heroes).

Optional heroes are the ones only available via add-ons, and they all come with new items and powers tailored to them as part of the add-on.
Agent Skaak! You are already getting as great a source of knowledge on all things Sword & Sorcery as you are for Galaxy Defenders. You are legend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gorka Morka
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hmmm. If that is what Mr. Romano meant, then I wonder how 20 Power Cards can be equally distibuted between 11 heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gorkar wrote:
Hmmm. If that is what Mr. Romano meant, then I wonder how 20 Power Cards can be equally distibuted between 11 heroes.
I don't know for sure, but one possibility is that two neutral characters might receive one extra power each, while the characters with multiple alignments all receive 1x per alignment. Or maybe the extra powers will be for everyone except the Standard Bearer (since he's specific to this Kickstarter). Or perhaps they will include generic traits instead of hero-specific powers (there were only 5 generic traits in the prototype that I played prior to the campaign, so this area is ripe for expansion).

Rather than worrying about the specifics, my advice would be to accept that there will be extra powers for all the heroes that are bundled "free" with the base pledge, and look forward to seeing how the extra powers and such make them even more awesome once the product arrives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gorka Morka
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That explains a lot. I didn't even know that there were general powers thta can be used by anyone. This adds a lot of variety to character builds. Aaaaaaand bought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any way to get the wood card deck holder separately? I got this as a gift, so no chance to get extra goodies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Cantor
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Purple Paladin wrote:
Any way to get the wood card deck holder separately? I got this as a gift, so no chance to get extra goodies.
It isn't wooden, just thick cardboard. Just so you're aware.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls