Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Janez Lužar
Slovenia
Ljubljana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I need some rule clarification regarding use of action spaces of Gunj character.

Can I use action spaces only with my colored die for example blue die or can I use action spaces with the black die also. If yes can I use action space two times? Once with blue die and second with the black die (on top of blue die)? Can I even use it multiple times with black dice?

Thx.
Too small but great expansion btw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Humphries
msg tools
Quote:
Use 1 of your dice
Quote from the rules. I would say no eventhough the rules dont precisely state that it isn't possible. That would make Gunj too strong imo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Popow
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't be so sure about that. The quoted "one die" means that you only need one die to activate an action. I'd rather wait for the official stance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Brass fanMicrobadge: Roll for the Galaxy fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: Auf den Spuren von Marco Polo fanMicrobadge: DC Comics Deck-Building Game fan
I was wondering about the same thing. It seems really strong if you can place black dice on those spots, especially the 1-move spot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Knechtskern
Germany
Groebenzell
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sorry, that I was pointed to this thread just now. I forgot to subscribe to the exapansion blush

This is semiofficial (I was involved in the playtesting, but am no official representative of HiG), but you have to treat the dice spaces on the character card like dice spaces on the city cards. There is no stacking of dice on these.

I will get official clarification tommorrow and inform you here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Knechtskern
Germany
Groebenzell
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Okay, its official, the spaces for the dice on the character card are comprable to the city spaces. Thus one time use during a round only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janez Lužar
Slovenia
Ljubljana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
THANKS!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Chan
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for your reply!
One additional question. Since Gunj's action spaces are like the city spaces, If i put a 6 pip dice on the 'moving' action space, does that mean i get to move 6 spaces? or is it '1 dice = 1 movement'?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Poulsen
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be clear you can activate the action only once per round. However, can you activity both actions in the same round? Obviously you would need to do this with two different dice on separate turns but is it possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Poulsen
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MCP Style wrote:
Just to be clear you can activate the action only once per round. However, can you activity both actions in the same round? Obviously you would need to do this with two different dice on separate turns but is it possible?
Anyone want to chime in on this? I believe you can activate both actions on different turns but it would be nice to know that is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Brass fanMicrobadge: Roll for the Galaxy fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: Auf den Spuren von Marco Polo fanMicrobadge: DC Comics Deck-Building Game fan
MCP Style wrote:
MCP Style wrote:
Anyone want to chime in on this? I believe you can activate both actions on different turns but it would be nice to know that is correct.
Sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Marcinkowski
Poland
Luboń
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
smithsoni wrote:
thanks for your reply!
One additional question. Since Gunj's action spaces are like the city spaces, If i put a 6 pip dice on the 'moving' action space, does that mean i get to move 6 spaces? or is it '1 dice = 1 movement'?

Thanks in advance!
I would like to know the answer as well. My guess would be that if you put a "6",you get to move six Times, but let's wait for official confirmation
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Marcinkowski
Poland
Luboń
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also like to know if you can put a "6" and travel six times and, If you can (which I think you do), can you just pay camel & money cost printed on the roads? If so, isn't this character a bit OP? Yesterday my wife scored 138 points with her (13 contracts plus both cards fulfilled). The second player had 94 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls