Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
The rules reference says, under Fog Tokens:

At the end of dusk, Dracula must remove one fog token from
the board.

The Learn to Play book says:

At the end of each dusk, one fog token is removed from each city on
the board that has at least one fog token.

Which, if any, is right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
The rules reference says it supersedes the Learn to Play book, so take one fog of Dracula's choice anywhere from the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Forster
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love these rulebooks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adamredwoods wrote:
The rules reference says it supersedes the Learn to Play book, so take one fog of Dracula's choice anywhere from the board.

Seems that's usually the solution to these conflicts, although the rules reference isn't perfect either.

I'm starting to suspect they've printed an old version of the LtP by mistake, and made quite a few little balancing tweaks at the last minute.

Only way to be certain is to submit it as a rules question to FFG I guess.
EDIT: Done! will let you know when I hear back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have this feeling that the rule as intended was the l2p one. And I can't help but feel that the rrf is the weaker of the 2 documents.

But as is, the standard way to solve a conflict is the rrf takes precedence, so I guess we go with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Lavender
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
Klaatu barada nikto.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Follow-up question to this issue - what if Dracula places fog tokens in one action, removes one of them at dusk, and then places more fog tokens on the next action, while some of the previous fog tokens are out. Would he continue to remove a single fog token each dusk, or would he remove 2 tokens each dusk (one for each placement)?

Same question for roadblocks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
Pudsy wrote:
Only way to be certain is to submit it as a rules question to FFG I guess.
EDIT: Done! will let you know when I hear back.

Thanks! I came to the forums to ask the same question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Answer from FFG

Quote:
Rules Question
The rules reference says, under Fog Tokens: At the end of dusk, Dracula must remove one fog token from the board. The Learn to Play book says: At the end of each dusk, one fog token is removed from each city on the board that has at least one fog token. Which is right? Many thanks for all your help!

Frank @ FFG wrote:
The Learn to Play is correct—at the end of dusk, one fog token is removed from each city that has at least one fog token. This is a typo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pudsy wrote:
Answer from FFG :)

Quote:
Rules Question
The rules reference says, under Fog Tokens: At the end of dusk, Dracula must remove one fog token from the board. The Learn to Play book says: At the end of each dusk, one fog token is removed from each city on the board that has at least one fog token. Which is right? Many thanks for all your help!

Frank @ FFG wrote:
The Learn to Play is correct—at the end of dusk, one fog token is removed from each city that has at least one fog token. This is a typo.

This isn't the first time the learn to play supersedes the rules reference. The order of precedence does not always apply it seems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thespaceinvader -
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Pudsy wrote:
Answer from FFG

Quote:
Rules Question

Frank @ FFG wrote:

Lol, that;s not a typo. If it said 'remove a fug token' that would be a typo.

This is a major copy-editing error, in a game which is frigging crammed with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.