Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicola Mauriello
Italy
Pomigliano D'Arco
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi guys, first of all sorry for my english if it is bad or if you find some grammar error please don't blame me

I'm here today to post my opinion about this game. I've decided to play on tabletopia after the post where one user said

"I've found the invincible combo that allow me to win easy"

Well, I think he failed some rules. I decided to play with him setting:

The runemaster with Bless
The Ranger with bow and Critical Hit

- At the beginning of the game we have a nice pool of weapons and armors to choice. And here there is the first problem with the choice of the user, he gave the bow to the ranger that couldn't use his special rule!!!!

- I love the areas because it give fluidity and doesn't give less tactis than squares. The LOS could be lost easly, the only bad things is that the archer or the wizard don't have a lot of choice.

- The AI of the moster is cool, and they are very characterized. In the first mission we have only gremlins and 1 raider. Every 2 turns almost 1 enemey is actived

- The combat is like a lot of other games, rolls attack dice, rollos defense dice (if have 1) and compare the result. NOW talk about the "combo" with that type of combo you are very lucky if you can kill 1 GREEN goblin, sure not the blu. Let's do some count:

If I use Precision Srike i can't focus and have +1 hit, the dwarf give me bless, and i attack with the bow:

+1 bow; + 1 bless; + 1 crit ; +1 blu die ; -1 hit because is night (He forget to apply this rules)now we suppose the blu die give a hit so we will have 3 hit - 1 hit = 2 hit and the gremli is ALIVE!!!! Ah i have to draw out the crits: on 15 tokes only 6 give wound, and only 2 could kill the GREEN one!!!!! 2 tokens of 15!!!!

Now use a real RANGER with longsword and scimitar. I use my action to perfor my special ability so in 1 single attack i have

+ 2 red dice ; + 2 red dice ; +1 bless; -1 night. On red dice i have a total of 8 hits and 5 bolts. So according to that i have the 90% of possibility to kill a green gremlin!

- An other error of the guys is that when you reveal an encounter token the enemy is draw out from the deck, isn't the color of the token!

- We won the game but my friend is dead. I've used only ONCE the power of crit, even because have +1 hit from concentration is better. After i saw that the guy on BGG didn't play with real rules we decided to do a second game with different heroes.

- The dark rose and the assassin. We found this second game harder than first, because the assasin is weak, she kills or be killed, that gave us more adrenaline and more tactics. At the end we won and nobody was killed only because at the boss only 1 moster spawned and not 2!!!

Final consideration:
The game is very addictive, has a great potential and many tactical choices available. There aren't dead time because the enemies can attack anyone or have AoE effects, or the event cards need your choice. The desire to continue or to replay the same game is strong. Try and grow with all the heroes will give longevity to the game, even because only the story choice will be always the same for the rest, the map will change completely, and the possibility to create your map with the tiles indicated helps you a lot. The sory is written very charming, it looks like a book!
You can do lots of combos with the heroes, even if in the level 1 you don't have a lot of choice, but when you arrive to the 2nd you think you are OP. For example, the ranger can take the animal companion that helps you dominate or annoy the enemies.
The lack of the curator can be heard at the beginning, but most go forward more you resist, then it is belt-tightening at the beginning and then it goes on easily.

I think as undead viking said I find my favourite DC ever!!! It look like D&D without a master. The upgrade and characterization of the heroes, the leves, the enemy, the cards are wonderful. If you have any doubt please tell me and I'll try to answer you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this post. I've been considering dropping my early pledge, but I think now I'll go ahead and keep it.

I'm actually wondering if the immortal bundle is worth it. I know, some people may say, don't get it if you weren't even sure in the beginning. This is true, but having all the extra bits, like the doors, treasures, and coins will make the game that much more enjoyable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky W
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As everything it depends.

My story: I wanted to get everything related to the game content so before the bundles came out I added the Druid, Dragon and Summoner/Draconian. Soon I decided to add one more dice pack, because we mainly play with 4 people, 2 on each side of a lengthy table. So it should be convenient to place a set of dice between the players on each side.

... and then came the bundles and the huge discount of the all-in.
For me this meant 20 bucks more for a second bag, metal coins, that awesome doors and chests and the additional heroes in light blue for ghost form, although I hope they won't be on the board many times.

I still think I don't necessarily need these additions, but I'm in the glad position, that
1.) 20 $ is not much money for me, especially related to the total of about 180 $
2.) it will probably flavor the game to a greater experience and
3.) I'm rewarding the creators for their efforts in developing this game as well as in running a really great campaign!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
mbmbmbmbmb
carraway0877 wrote:
As everything it depends.

My story: I wanted to get everything related to the game content so before the bundles came out I added the Druid, Dragon and Summoner/Draconian. Soon I decided to add one more dice pack, because we mainly play with 4 people, 2 on each side of a lengthy table. So it should be convenient to place a set of dice between the players on each side.

... and then came the bundles and the huge discount of the all-in.
For me this meant 20 bucks more for a second bag, metal coins, that awesome doors and chests and the additional heroes in light blue for ghost form, although I hope they won't be on the board many times.

I still think I don't necessarily need these additions, but I'm in the glad position, that
1.) 20 $ is not much money for me, especially related to the total of about 180 $
2.) it will probably flavor the game to a greater experience and
3.) I'm rewarding the creators for their efforts in developing this game as well as in running a really great campaign!

I was in the exact same position, originally only went with the base level, then the add-on's started and it was all downhill from there...

Basically prior to the all-in add-ons I was @ $197, Early Backer + Dragon Expansion + Summoner/Dragonheart/Druid hero + metal coins + doors/chests in add-ons so when the all-in addons were released I actually saved $3 to get the extra heroes, bag & dice was an absolute steal for me!

Very pleased with the immortal pledges, plus one bonus I didn't think about, the extra hero set may seem useless but since they come in 2 colours, grey & light blue you can use 1 colour for alive heroes and the other for any ghosts! thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
carraway0877 wrote:
Heh. For me it was a real no-brainer... -$15 for more stuff.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls