Jason Morales
United States
California
flag msg tools
This game looks exciting, but I'm not excited about the prospect of permanently changing the board game. Without any spoilers, can you tell me if I'm right?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Speer
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Gravity Falls
badge
Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, bye!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you are. For the seventh or 8th thread on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
Microbadge: So Very Wrong About Games fanMicrobadge: I completed the 2019 challenge to play 10 games 10 times eachMicrobadge: I love symmetryMicrobadge: Android: Netrunner fanMicrobadge: Tea drinker
I wouldn't call it 'destructive', though. Up to where I've gotten, you only put stickers on the board or cards, which should be easy enough to peel off again after finishing the campaign, if you so wish.

Sometimes the Legady deck tells you to destroy cards, but you can easily just not do that and set them aside instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willian & Grace Gallis
United States
Chambanavoy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We screwed up January pretty bad (like, set aside the Legacy deck and didn't do any of that stuff, and as those of you who have played this know, THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING), so we removed the stickers off the board. It wasn't too bad, and they re-applied fine when we re-did January properly, but separating the stickers was difficult for our multiple outbreak cities, and I don't know if we'd be able to remove them again and have them still work. They're more like traditional stickers than, say, window clings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While it's theoretically possible to try and preserve everything as you go to make that copy of the game "replayable", honestly I think you're better off just buying a second copy of the game if you want to play through it a second time. The amount of time and effort and such it will take to avoid making permanent changes to the board and cards and pieces isn't worth the money you theoretically might save versus simply not worrying about any of that and buying the game again with the group all chipping in for it.

And on a side note there is something surprisingly cathartic about, when the game says "destroy a card", literally holding up the card for everyone to see and ripping it in half. The first time I did that in my group I got a couple of winces, but later the other players ripped some destroyed cards up and admitted that it felt GOOD to be able to do that. So my advice is embrace the destruction, rip cards in half, write on the board and cards in permanent pen, and you'll find yourself appreciating the freedom of it all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
Microbadge: GameChat League - Phoenix Division: "Like a phoenix rising from the ashes..."Microbadge: A Study in Emerald fanMicrobadge: Built to Spill fanMicrobadge: Age of Steam fanMicrobadge: The 7th Continent
Is playing the game destructive to the game pieces? It certainly was with my group. Let me count the ways:

We had cards...
Ripped up
Burned
Chewed to pieces
Stabbed
Defaced
Made into an origami bird
Rolled up
Shredded
Cut into decorative shapes

It'll take a lot of sticky tape to make this copy replayable again. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerrin 2
United States
Canandaigua
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ooooooo, I just had a thought. I should move our paper shredder from our office into our game room when playing Pandemic Legacy.devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg D.
Germany
Höxter
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Spirit Island fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Great Western Trail fan Microbadge: Concordia fanMicrobadge: Mage Knight Board Game fan
woodnoggin wrote:
Is playing the game destructive to the game pieces? It certainly was with my group. Let me count the ways:

We had cards...
[...]
Made into an origami bird
[...]
In which month are you ordered by the game to do this?
Do we loose any advantage if nobody in the group knows how to do this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
Microbadge: Rubber Ducky
Fluxx wrote:
woodnoggin wrote:
We had cards [...] Made into an origami bird
In which month are you ordered by the game to do this?
Do we loose any advantage if nobody in the group knows how to do this?
Alas, you may be in trouble, yes.

But not as much trouble as if you don't know how to use a hypodermic syringe in May, a trebuchet in July or an automatic weapon in December.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob gabriels
Belgium
antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I decided we would go with the legacy-thing, and personalize it from the beginning by writing our names on the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We add rules to our rulebook as well. Stage 1 of Setup now has 'Devlare that Eco is awesome.' as the last sentence.

"Ok, Stage 2-"
"Hang on, you haven't finished Stage 1"
"What?"
"Sorry, it's in the rulebook."
"...Eco is awesome"
"Why thank you!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls