Hide
11 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Intamcy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jonathon pendleton
msg tools
Is the only way to start intamacy by using love juice? because it is making things difficult especially after that god aweful kingsman fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
Microbadge: ShamanismMicrobadge: I drop the F-bombMicrobadge: Mark of the DamnedMicrobadge: Dune fanMicrobadge: Neon Genesis Evangelion fan
If you're far enough in to be at the Kingsman fight, have you missed the Augury function which triggers the Intimacy event?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
I floop the pig!
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
thetachi364 wrote:
Is the only way to start intamacy by using love juice? because it is making things difficult especially after that god aweful kingsman fight.
Woah, you got all the way to the Kingsman without realizing you could use Augary?

On the Organ Grinder settlement location, there's a special endeavor you can perform that gives a 30% chance of triggering Intimacy. It's called Augary. Make sure you're paying attention to all the things the Settlement Locations allow you to do!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathon pendleton
msg tools
Ya I got organ grinder really late and ya I know about augary. But that's such a small chance, kinda not worth the endeavor. Especially since none of my male survivors could go on the last hunt due to (exploit deleted) and only had 3 females. One of which is a axe master who I don't want to lose. So besides augary and love juice. No other way to start intamcey?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Piechocki
msg tools
mbmbmb
thetachi364 wrote:
Ya I got organ grinder really late and ya I know about augary. But that's such a small chance, kinda not worth the endeavor. Especially since none of my male survivors could go on the last hunt due to (exploit deleted) and only had 3 females. One of which is a axe master who I don't want to lose. So besides augary and love juice. No other way to start intamcey?
I could be wrong, but I don't believe endeavors have to be used by a returning survivor unless absolutely listed as such.

[In fact with Graves for example getting 8 endeavors in case of TPK it seems like I have to be right, otherwise....]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know, Intimacy does not (usually) cause a survivor to skip the next hunt. For that matter, there is no reason why your main hunters have to be the ones rolling on Augury to try to get Intimacy (though they might want to if you can use the Survival chance).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B
United States
Ashaway
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mb
Olvenskol wrote:
As far as I know, Intimacy does not (usually) cause a survivor to skip the next hunt. For that matter, there is no reason why your main hunters have to be the ones rolling on Augury to try to get Intimacy (though they might want to if you can use the Survival chance).
The survivor that triggers the Intimacy story event through Augury doesn't need to be one of the two survivors chosen for the event itself anyway, so there's not really a risk to whoever is chosen to roll for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff W.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Another way to get Intimacy is to have a survivor become a Matchmaker through the Bold story event. This allows you to spend one endeavor per settlement phase to trigger Intimacy when they are a returning survivor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
ClockRhythmEcho wrote:
Olvenskol wrote:
The survivor that triggers the Intimacy story event through Augury doesn't need to be one of the two survivors chosen for the event itself anyway, so there's not really a risk to whoever is chosen to roll for it.
Yea, I wasn't sure about that. There's a rule that "a survivor may spend an endeavor ... to participate in any activities listed". Obviously the first two results on the Augury table happen to the survivor doing the endeavor. I wasn't sure if that survivor went on to "participate" in the Intimacy result or not, so I wrote conservatively. But good to know that Intimacy's "nominate one consenting male and one consenting female" is not constrained by the general Endeavor "participate" clause to force one of those choices to be the survivor doing Augury.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Olvenskol wrote:
ClockRhythmEcho wrote:
Olvenskol wrote:
Yea, I wasn't sure about that. There's a rule that "a survivor may spend an endeavor ... to participate in any activities listed". Obviously the first two results on the Augury table happen to the survivor doing the endeavor. I wasn't sure if that survivor went on to "participate" in the Intimacy result or not, so I wrote conservatively. But good to know that Intimacy's "nominate one consenting male and one consenting female" is not constrained by the general Endeavor "participate" clause to force one of those choices to be the survivor doing Augury.
The survivor who rolled the augury participates by nominating the two who will become intimate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Licious
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Elyklord wrote:
thetachi364 wrote:
Woah, you got all the way to the Kingsman without realizing you could use Augary?

On the Organ Grinder settlement location, there's a special endeavor you can perform that gives a 30% chance of triggering Intimacy. It's called Augary. Make sure you're paying attention to all the things the Settlement Locations allow you to do!
40% chance if you use augury with a survivor with +3 understanding, which you definitely should be doing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls