Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Schmidt
United States
Maquoketa
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shakes, Mouth, Cucumber, and I decided to play a game of Zombies!!! tonight. We used Zombies!!!, Zombies!!! 5: School's Out Forever, and some zombie dogs from Zombies!!! 4: The End....

Shakes was playing defensive and avoiding combat for the most part. Mouth was being moderately aggressive and taking down some zombies. Cucumber was heading for the hospital, which he drew on the second turn. I was going for the zombie kills as fast as I could, and it showed. A couple of bad combat rolls and I was down to a single guts token from which I would never recover. Cucumber and I made sure to place lots of dogs since this aggravated Shakes.

The city built fast and everyone except for Cucumber died. When Mouth drew the Helipad, Shakes put it close to himself since he had only 2 kills due to his defensive strategy. This was probably not a good idea since Mouth was a space or two closer to it than himself. Mouth immediately started running for the helipad. Shakes followed. Cucumber, who was the farthest away played We're Screwed! and placed 10 dogs in the only path way to the helipad. Cucumber and I both worked to double up the dogs on Mouth, and Shakes. This really ticked off Shakes. When Mouth's turn came around he rolled a six for his movement, which would put him right in the middle of the helipad. He only needed to defeat 3 dogs and 2 zombies with his 2 bullets and 2 1/2 life. He took a couple of hits, but managed to get some great rolls and when the game.

Mouth and Cucmber were both new to the game, but it's a pretty simple game. We had a good time and since I kept the game moving we finished the game in about 1 1/2 hours, which felt faster. I was a little disappointed that the School Entrance came up so late as no one bothered to enter it. I forgot to shuffle the entrance into the top half of the tiles and it ended up just below the helipad which was shuffled into the bottom half. I will have to remember next time I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Ambrose
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Mike, question for you: I too have the second edition Zombies!!! game and I enjoy it, enough to consider buying an expansion or two. But I know that they revised the art on the playing pieces, and I wonder how distracting it might be to mingle the expansions with the second edition original game. No doubt it's a question of taste, since I've read on the website that they are compatible, just curious about your opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Schmidt
United States
Maquoketa
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The art difference is really only on the tiles, and you can definitely tell that they are different. I don't think it is that bad, but it may just be a matter of taste. I would suggest finding your Police Station tile and hold up to this image(at full size) to judge the differences yourself. This image is from the 1st edition of the base set, but the expansions match this artwork.

I would definitely suggest Zombies!!! 3.5: Not Dead Yet as the first expansion you should get. It is an all event card expansion and will not clash in any way. Many, myself included, feel this is the best expansion for the game available. After that my order of suggestions would be: Zombies!!! 5: School's Out Forever, Zombies!!! 4: The End..., Zombies!!! 3: Mall Walkers, and lastly, Zombies!!! 2: Zombie Corps(e). Zombies!!! 4 is also a stand alone game with different victory conditions which some people think is better than the original game.

Hope this helps.
-Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.