Hide
5 Posts

Agricola: Farmers of the Moor» Forums » General

Subject: What's the highest possible solo score? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Asubfive Asubfive
msg tools
I achieved 87 points in a single family-version game.

Does anybody know if a higher score is possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asubfive Asubfive
msg tools
You can find my game at:
https://svn.kwarc.info/repos/frabe/Sonstiges/Agricola/myagri...

These are the rules I used:
- Agricola with FotM expansion
- Family version, no occupations, no minor improvements
- Player may determine all random elements
-- order of Round Cards (except that Round 1 must be Major Improvement [1])
-- order of Special Action Cards
-- initial placement of forest and moor tiles [2]

[1] This stipulation of the FotM rules is unfortunate for solo games.
It doesn't help and prevents getting 2 extra food by putting Sheep first.

[2] I also complete arbitrary placement. I'm not sure if allowing only the layouts that come with FotM would matter for my game. Probably not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
If I am not mistaken, "FotM" is intended to be played with a hand of seven "FotM" Imps. I could be wrong, since I've never played it without them, and never would. I would consider playing without them to be an exercise in frustration. Nonetheless, 87 VP sounds pretty darn good if you're not using them.

Requiring MIMI in Round One is fairly meaningless in a solo or two-player game without cards to play. Totally different story in 3+ player games, since stone is potentially available in the first Round. To be honest, in such games, I would never, ever play without at least a hand of Minor Imps.

My crew, the Ugoi,* always plays "FotM" games with a full roster of cards, including Ocks. It's just more fun that way. YMMV, of course.

*Usual gang of idiots
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Snyder
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterG wrote:
If I am not mistaken, "FotM" is intended to be played with a hand of seven "FotM" Imps. I could be wrong, since I've never played it without them, and never would. I would consider playing without them to be an exercise in frustration. Nonetheless, 87 VP sounds pretty darn good if you're not using them.

Requiring MIMI in Round One is fairly meaningless in a solo or two-player game without cards to play. Totally different story in 3+ player games, since stone is potentially available in the first Round. To be honest, in such games, I would never, ever play without at least a hand of Minor Imps.

My crew, the Ugoi,* always plays "FotM" games with a full roster of cards, including Ocks. It's just more fun that way. YMMV, of course.

*Usual gang of idiots
I imagine it's nigh impossible to calculate highest possible solo score WITH the inclusion of Minor Imps and Occupations. There are just too many variables to consider.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
antoine janssen
France
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Caverna: The Cave Farmers fanMicrobadge: I pimped my AgricolaMicrobadge: Hot Food lover
Hello,

as it has been already said, it is difficult to evaluate the highest score possible with FotM, i've seen a score of 116 with the regular version, me personnaly was 96 my best

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls