Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Frahm
United States
Queen Creek
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
Have played twice with my son (6). His sole strategy has been to collect as many mansions as possible. In game one, he got 5 of them for 31 points. In game 2, he got 6 of them for 39.

I was able to score 40 to eke out a victory last night, but it was close. Wondering if I am really just playing poorly (likely) or if a full on mansion strategy is the way to go in most cases?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-Amir Perret
France
Paris
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Hello,

First, I played with the good rules for the first time yesterday, we were 2.
I'm not sure that the full Mansion strategy is the best one. You "only" get 8 points per Mansion until 5 or 6 I don't remember. The ships level 3 cost 6 ressources (but 4 if you have 2 workshops) and give you 8 to 10 points. It seems that the game is pretty well balanced and you can't win by playing only one strategy. You also have to deal with the ressources you have, and as always, it's a matter of optimization

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Frahm
United States
Queen Creek
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
Kat999 wrote:
Hello,

First, I played with the good rules for the first time yesterday, we were 2.
I'm not sure that the full Mansion strategy is the best one. You "only" get 8 points per Mansion until 5 or 6 I don't remember. The ships level 3 cost 6 ressources (but 4 if you have 2 workshops) and give you 8 to 10 points. It seems that the game is pretty well balanced and you can't win by playing only one strategy. You also have to deal with the ressources you have, and as always, it's a matter of optimization

Thanks for the feedback Charles. I am certain that my concerns are quite likely based on suboptimal play too. Really liking the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.