Charles-Amir Perret
France
Paris
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Hello,

I played tonight for the first time and we were 2. I guess I didn't understand something from the rules.
First I would like to mention that I don't really understand the meaning of "orthogonal line". LineS can be orthogonal but a single line orthogonal doesn't mean anything as far as I know
So my question is about the "Exhaustion". It seems that this action is probably the most important of the game. When you play at 2, does each player has 2 warehouses ? If not, I don't understand the "Exhaustion" when you play at 2.
Could you please help ?

Thanks a lot,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Frahm
United States
Queen Creek
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
Kat999 wrote:
Hello,

I played tonight for the first time and we were 2. I guess I didn't understand something from the rules.
First I would like to mention that I don't really understand the meaning of "orthogonal line". LineS can be orthogonal but a single line orthogonal doesn't mean anything as far as I know
So my question is about the "Exhaustion". It seems that this action is probably the most important of the game. When you play at 2, does each player has 2 warehouses ? If not, I don't understand the "Exhaustion" when you play at 2.
Could you please help ?

Thanks a lot,
Orthogonal in this game means "three in a row" or "four in a row". I don't think you need to consider it any further than that.

Exhaustion with 2 people: I've been playing it such that you just don't put anything in the locations where there are no players. I don't think giving 2 players extra resources is the intention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-Amir Perret
France
Paris
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Thanks

Quote:
Exhaustion with 2 people: I've been playing it such that you just don't put anything in the locations where there are no players. I don't think giving 2 players extra resources is the intention.
Then what's the point of playing at 2 ? Because as far as I understand, it's not possible when you do the Exhaustion to have a new collect phase and get more ressources. So you get maximum 1 ressource per turn.

Or I don't understand

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HUEI-CHIANG TSAI
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Charles,

I would try to explain the rules.

During stage 2: collect resources and stock resources, you could collect resources from three or four in a line and stock resources into available warehouses (In 2 player game, the warehouses with no players will not be used in the game). Then, perform Exhaustion action which means flipping these resource discs.

You could use the cubes from collecting and the cubes in the warehouse are available until you achieve Full House Reward. meeple

I hope it helps. And thanks to Brian for the help!

Huei

Kat999 wrote:
Thanks

Quote:
Then what's the point of playing at 2 ? Because as far as I understand, it's not possible when you do the Exhaustion to have a new collect phase and get more ressources. So you get maximum 1 ressource per turn.

Or I don't understand
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-Amir Perret
France
Paris
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for your help

Still I don't understand something.

I do the 1st stage, I flip and swap for example, I get 3 same color in a row, so I get my ressource of the color in one of my warehouse.

Then I do the Exhaustion, so I flip the 3 tiles. Do we agree that by flipping those tiles, there's no chance to have 3 new tiles same color in a row ? So it's not possible to get another ressource in my warehouse ? Is that right ?

If that's correct, that means that you can't get any ressources (except from the Events cards) before the 4th turn (or if the other player does a 4 in a row and gives a ressource , but that should be I guess a bad move from the player).

Thanks again for your help and sorry if I have problems to understand

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Frahm
United States
Queen Creek
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
Kat999 wrote:
I do the 1st stage, I flip and swap for example, I get 3 same color in a row, so I get my resource of the color in one of my warehouse.)
Stage 2 is both COLLECT and STOCK - you get a resource to place on your player board AND a resource (or two) in the appropriate storehouse(s).

Kat999 wrote:
Then I do the Exhaustion, so I flip the 3 tiles. Do we agree that by flipping those tiles, there's no chance to have 3 new tiles same color in a row ? So it's not possible to get another resource in my warehouse ? Is that right ?
I completely disagree, this is a big part of the game. You want to try to chain your disc flips to get another chain when you flip. You'll want to consider the layout of the entire 16 discs to see if you can capitalize on the exhaustion. I don't overthink it past the first flip but I definitely consider trying to eke out another resource as a result of the first exhaustion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-Amir Perret
France
Paris
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Ok thank you very much ! Everything's clear now, I thought there was only the stocking action, no ressource directly on our player board.

Thanks a lot for your help,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls