Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Legends of Andor» Forums » Rules

Subject: Legend 5: Are we doing something wrong? (Killing the dragon) -spoilers- rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edu Avalon
Guatemala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, yesterday we played the legend 5. We were quite lucky with the spawn monsters, with the broken bridge not letting awful monsters to cross the river. So, we were able to free the castle with the other monsters relatively far from us, find the stones to have one black dice and received the support of the dwarves and Prince Thorad. In addition we have a helmet for the warrior some shields and one potion.

So, we went to kill the dragon: We were 3 players:
1 warrior with 5 strengh and the helmet (and maximun number of dices -4-).
1 magician with the black dice and 6 strengh
1 archer with 5 strengh.
+ the dwarfs + Prince Thorald:

So, we sum before rolling the dices: 5+6+5+4+4= 24
The Dragon have a strengh of 44 before the dices (20 points)

A very good dice roll will be: 6 from the archer, 12 from the magician with the black dice and 12 with the warrior (couple of 6 with your 4 dices)= 30 points

The worst dice roll for the dragon will be 9... but it is very infrequent: It is very easy for the dragon to make a double.

So the result in this most favorable would be:
Heroes: 54 points... The dragon 53, barely winning by 1 point. So you will need to play like 10 or 20 times to have 1 victory.
Are we missing something or the game is just about rolling and rolling waiting to be enough lucky to beat the dragon 6 times before the game end or the monsters invade the castle again? Even with the potion, you could have a maximum of 6 additional points, that you should only use in a very good dice roll, expecting that the dragon will not have a nice roll dice.

We ended interpretting that the support of Thorald and the dwarfes add 4 strengh points for each of the heroes... but then the game was to easy blush

I have another question: What happen if after some rounds the heroes decide to stop attacking the dragon, for, for example go for aditional potions or objects. Do the dragon recover all his cards?

Thanks in advance for your clarificacions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Macfarland

Arnold
Maryland
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can suggest this thread, which has useful links to other threads as well.

Lelgend 5
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edu Avalon
Guatemala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot.
I totally forgot that you can buy strengh point... and now I've realized the utility of the dwarf.
So for a 3 players game, which heroes should be considered?:
The warrior is good because he could have a nice double, eventually triple and if you are very lucky a poker with the helmet.
The wizard is good for the black dice
The dwarf could be overpowered at low cost
The archer could be useful to attack the castle at the begining, and to take advante from the tower.

Hard decision... what would be your advice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Macfarland

Arnold
Maryland
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The one time I was successful in scenario five, we didn't get witches brew (prefering strength points instead), and we didn't use the tower (through bad planning). On the basis of this one experience, I would say omit the archer (since he has a discount on witches brew, and is best in the tower). But I think one could try any combination of characters: I would only say that against the dragon the dwarf is indispensible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls