Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
Microbadge: I am a Live Action Spam HunterMicrobadge: It's not over 'til it's overMicrobadge: Thumbs up says 'I Love You' in that icky BGG kinda way.Microbadge: Chaotic GoodMicrobadge: I love Europe
Tonight after a great wee meal and a beer...

Chatting about what remaking films says about Hollywood in conjunction with how great Bill and Ted's excellent adventure is... (Just before I had to conceded that the resent Mad Max is a better film. Something I've been thinking for a wee while but have kept quiet.)

"ET that's another one that simply can't be remade, its that good... Though the remastered versions a bit blasphemous."

"I've never seen it"...

"Oh, they digitally removed the guns and removed a memorable line."

"No, I've never seen ET...

surprise

I'd rather she said:
" I've been cheating on you, am kicking you out and keeping the games."

Our whole relationship has been based on a lie. It's like all this time I've been in a relationship with Keyser Soze...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hedke
United States
Gibraltar
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Most problems can be solved with either a stiff drink, a bowel movement, or a bullet.
Microbadge: I won Isaac Bickerstaff's Chit Chat Thread of the Day Award!Microbadge: SubmarineMicrobadge: 10 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: ThunderwearMicrobadge: I mean, I mean, I mean that just, I'm sitting here on the bench, I mean I'm sitting here on the Group W bench . . .
Plenty of fish in the sea time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Send her my way. I thought E.T. was a kinda cute film at the time, but never could understand how it became a classic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought E.T. was great. But then again I was an eight year old when I saw it. I don't think I would enjoy it nearly as much as an adult.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Follower of JesusMicrobadge: We're all mad about JonnaMicrobadge: International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against WomenMicrobadge: Tenderness and kindness are manifestations of strength and resolutionsMicrobadge: 2019 Women & Gaming Holiday Card Exchange Participant
I thought ET was great the first time I saw it, but it improved upon further viewings. Especially
Spoiler (click to reveal)
the psychic and sensory "connection" between Elliott and E.T. which I didn't catch the first time I saw it.

I found that to be clever, different, and a great surprise to look for and notice after the first viewing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
There's still time. Perform the surgery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Re: Petty disapointment with lovers of certain cinemas
shake 'moi' hath NEVAH! watched "E.T" either, and couldn't care the least 'bits' upon some Space-Alien with '3-testes'!
\.\goo/./
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grace McDermott
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:

Our whole relationship has been based on a lie. It's like all this time I've been in a relationship with Keyser Soze...

There are always things that people haven't seen or haven't done, revel in the joy of being able to show it to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Lacer
United States
Sharon
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw ET for the first time about 5 years ago. I had been seeing a bunch of Drew Barrymore movies and enjoying her work, so I figured it was about time. Thought it was a pretty mediocre film, but enjoyed her part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
Microbadge: I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that...Microbadge: Jack in the Box fanMicrobadge: JugglerMicrobadge: This is a mooseover.Microbadge: Panda Express lover
After my wife and I got married she admitted to me she had never seen Star Wars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Rush fanMicrobadge: Cooperative? This is Sparta!Microbadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game AloneMicrobadge: Competitive Gamer - I play to win!Microbadge: Level 13 BGG poster
Haven't seen E.T. either.

Also haven't seen any of the Godfather movies, Star Wars 1-3, and the new Star Trek movies either...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
After my wife and I got married she admitted to me she had never seen Star Wars.
How's marriage counseling going?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grace McDermott
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Bruiser419 wrote:

Also haven't seen any of the Godfather movies, Star Wars 1-3, and the new Star Trek movies either...
Honestly, you're not missing anything by not seeing the new Trek movies. The first one was ok, but it wasn't...Star Trek, if that makes sense.

Avoid the second at all costs. At all costs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Follower of JesusMicrobadge: We're all mad about JonnaMicrobadge: International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against WomenMicrobadge: Tenderness and kindness are manifestations of strength and resolutionsMicrobadge: 2019 Women & Gaming Holiday Card Exchange Participant
Movies I haven't seen:

Jaws
Pulp Fiction
Goodfellas
Silence of he Lambs
Saving Private Ryan
Apocalypse Now
The Deer Hunter
Taxi Driver
Chinatown
Platoon
Die Hard
Some Like it Hot
Kill Bill
Jurassic Park

Among others...I can't handle graphic violence and gore and ever since I became a parent I can't handle disturbing content involving children.

Yes, I'm a lightweight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
Movies I haven't seen:

Jaws
Pulp Fiction
Goodfellas
Silence of he Lambs
Saving Private Ryan
Apocalypse Now
The Deer Hunter
Taxi Driver
Chinatown
Platoon
Die Hard
Some Like it Hot
Kill Bill
Jurassic Park

Among others...I can't handle graphic violence and gore and ever since I became a parent I can't handle disturbing content involving children.

Yes, I'm a lightweight.
I must be too. I haven't seen Kill Bill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
Movies I haven't seen:

Jaws
Pulp Fiction
Goodfellas
Silence of he Lambs
Saving Private Ryan
Apocalypse Now
The Deer Hunter
Taxi Driver
Chinatown
Platoon
Die Hard
Some Like it Hot
Kill Bill
Jurassic Park
I've never seen "Saving Private Ryan", and saw "Some Like It Hot", "The Deer Hunter", and "Apocalypse Now" so long ago that I barely remember them. Of the rest, the ones I saw and remember, I'd recommend seeing "Jaws," "Pulp Fiction," and "Chinatown." The rest are good, but not a huge deal to miss IMHO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Ryinth wrote:
Bruiser419 wrote:

Honestly, you're not missing anything by not seeing the new Trek movies. The first one was ok, but it wasn't...Star Trek, if that makes sense.

Avoid the second at all costs. At all costs.
I don't think it was worth killing to avoid, but yeah, it wasn't good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grace McDermott
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Jlerpy wrote:
What about killing zombies? Or, um, cockroaches?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Ryinth wrote:
Jlerpy wrote:
What about killing zombies?
Zombies aren't alive.

Quote:
Or, um, cockroaches?
If cockroaches are holding you captive, forcing you to watch a movie, it's the first part that's worth killing them over, not what movie they've chosen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grace McDermott
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Jlerpy wrote:
Ryinth wrote:
Jlerpy wrote:
Zombies aren't alive.

Quote:
Or, um, cockroaches?
If cockroaches are holding you captive, forcing you to watch a movie, it's the first part that's worth killing them over, not what movie they've chosen.
Stop ruining this with logic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
baker mouse
United States
brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 7 Wonders fanMicrobadge: Bargain QuestMicrobadge: I like Grand Austria HotelMicrobadge: Kodama: The Tree Spirits fanMicrobadge: Hot Tin Roof fan
Jlerpy wrote:
Ryinth wrote:
Jlerpy wrote:
Zombies aren't alive.

Quote:
Or, um, cockroaches?
I belive that movie is called Joes appartment (cockroaches holding you captive)....... but I could be wrong, it's been awhile and I am bad a rembering names of movies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
bakermouse wrote:
Jlerpy wrote:
Ryinth wrote:
Jlerpy wrote:
Zombies aren't alive.

Quote:
Or, um, cockroaches?
I belive that movie is called Joes appartment (cockroaches holding you captive)....... but I could be wrong, it's been awhile and I am bad a rembering names of movies.
I don't remember them forcing anyone to watch a movie. They were cool guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
E.T. isn't that great.

bakermouse wrote:
Jlerpy wrote:
Ryinth wrote:
Jlerpy wrote:
Zombies aren't alive.

Quote:
Or, um, cockroaches?
Nah, he was friends with the roaches in that movie, not their prisoner.

Orangemoose wrote:
EgorjLileli wrote:
Movies I haven't seen:

Jaws
Pulp Fiction
Goodfellas

Silence of he Lambs
Saving Private Ryan
Apocalypse Now
The Deer Hunter
Taxi Driver
Chinatown
Platoon
Die Hard
Some Like it Hot
Kill Bill
Jurassic Park

Yes, I'm a lightweight.
I must be too. I haven't seen Kill Bill
I've seen the ones I bolded. Kill Bill isn't great, certainly not Tarantino's best. Neither is Pulp Fiction. Jaws doesn't hold up today. Goodfellas was horrible! Some Like it Hot was fantastic! Jurassic Park is quite good.

MWChapel wrote:
The only movie that made me cry was Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
agentkuo wrote:
Jaws doesn't hold up today

Quote:
Goodfellas was horrible!

Never seen E.T either - missed it when I was a kid, and dont see much reason to watch it now.

Also, Kill Bill is awesome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Breckenridge
United States
Richmond
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Miniature PainterMicrobadge: Name that tune!Microbadge: Platinum Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game AloneMicrobadge: Rhode Island
monkeyhandz wrote:

"ET that's another one that simply can't be remade, its that good... Though the remastered versions a bit blasphemous."

"I've never seen it"...
The only possible response to that is to trick her into watching Mac & Me by telling her it's ET.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |