Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Franklin-Bihary
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the Axis reserves stay in play if Germany has surrendered?

There is nothing explicitly stating removal of these units in the rules (except for German Military Collapse), yet I can't think of any reason for them to still be on the board if the Fronts in Europe cannot move any longer. Am I missing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Stites
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it really matters. As you note, the fronts aren't moving anymore in Europe after Germany surrenders. There's nothing for any reserves still "in play" to do at that point that would actually impact play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Miller
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
paulus22 wrote:
Do the Axis reserves stay in play if Germany has surrendered?

There is nothing explicitly stating removal of these units in the rules (except for German Military Collapse), yet I can't think of any reason for them to still be on the board if the Fronts in Europe cannot move any longer. Am I missing something?
I'm probably not the best person to answer this as I only read the rules and played through two of the three conferences in the training session so far.

However...the rules say "no further Front movement occurs on any Front Track in that theater (7.8)." So that tells me there is no reason to have the Axis units (cubes) on the board.

The next sentence in the rules says placement or removal of CN and PA can still continue in the surrendered territory. So I guess you can still place CN/PA markers in a theatre where there has been an earlier surrender?

My additional question, in regards to this topic, is about Theater leadership. Does that respective issue come off the table for the next conference once either Japan/German surrenders? The only reason I would see it still allowed is for the possibility of someone winning both theater leadership issues to earn the TWO additional offensive support markers that can be placed in the other theater still active.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
Microbadge: Agricola fanMicrobadge: Arkham Horror fanMicrobadge: Fan of the card game Red7Microbadge: GeekGold TipperMicrobadge: Noblemen fan
jmiller1020 wrote:

My additional question, in regards to this topic, is about Theatre leadership. Does that respective issue come off the table for the next conference once either Japan/German surrenders? The only reason I would see it still allowed is for the possibility of someone winning both theatre leadership issues to earn the TWO additional offensive support markers that can be placed in either theatre (in this case, in the theatre that is still active).
Or to just win another issue and thus the 3VP or 5VP for winning the conference. Who's going to fight you on arguing the issue that has no other effect?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Miller
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agentzen wrote:

Or to just win another issue and thus the 3VP or 5VP for winning the conference. Who's going to fight you on arguing the issue that has no other effect?
OK, yep, didn't think of that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Moore
United States
Elmhurst
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agentzen wrote:

So is it 3/5 VP per chit...or just for winning the conference? We were doing per chit...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Stites
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Windmilling wrote:
agentzen wrote:

So is it 3/5 VP per chit...or just for winning the conference? We were doing per chit...
I'm not sure what you're asking, but each conference gives whomever won the conference 3/5 VP (and a chit to represent this). For a 10 conference game, there will be between 30-50 VPs coming from conference wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Moore
United States
Elmhurst
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, those mustard yellow chits were sitting in a blind spot...I never saw them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls