Popular Tags: [View All]
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crappy title, I know.

My girlfriend and I are trying to decide between starting TIME Stories as a two player, or waiting for 2 others to join our table (a week out, at the earliest). There is also some uncertainty whether these two other players would gel with the title, seeing as how we don't know the tone or general plot of the Asylum experience yet.

Question: Would it severely mitigate the fun, or give too great of an advantage to do a 2 player single run session to test the waters? You know, say we're doing a single run to get a feel for the writing, challenges and play, and possibly put it on the shelf to restart with a full table if we deem that appropriate?

I know we could do this, but I'm uncertain whether it would ruin the experience too greatly for us to have a single run of for knowledge. Thoughts?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ann V
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's basically a point and click adventure on a gameboard. It was a lovely game to play but after one go you kind of know what locations you want to go to and what you want to avoid, giving you an unfair advantage. I personally feel that is severely lacks replayability. It's a gorgeous game and really fun to play but I would highly recommend getting 4 people together for this. This means you can have more encounters and discover more in less time, yay!

You mentioned not being sure if the others would gel with the title. I can maybe give some indication on whether they likely will or won't if you mention what they're into? It's not scary, it's kind of suspenseful, mysterious, choose your own adventure. The asylum vibe is pretty neat!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hellsten
United Kingdom
Thatcham
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Completely agree, if you are going to try it with 4, wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I'm concerned, T.I.M.E Stories is a 4 player game, and I wouldn't play it with fewer.

Wait, if you can, so you can share in the fun of discovering the story with your friends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oleg volobujev
msg tools
mbmb
3 players is also ok to play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kløve
Denmark
Hillerød
flag msg tools
badge
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed
Microbadge: So Very Wrong About Games fanMicrobadge: Dream Theater fanMicrobadge: AH LCG - The MysticMicrobadge: Stephen King fanMicrobadge: Cooperative Games fan
I've playing it with my wife and it has been a blast. Don't discount the 2p experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls