Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Pezzi
United States
Waterford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Came home to this baby on my doorstep today and am pretty excited to get going. This will be a two player experience with my wife (enjoys games but not a "gamer") and it really seems like a pretty even mix here in terms of whether to play 1 character each vs 2 characters each. If anyone wants to weigh in further on that great, but let me ask it another way as we decide what to do.

When folks say it's "easier" with 1 each, does that translate into a better way to play with someone who may get frustrated if a game is too difficult? Also how much do folks feel we would be missing playing only 1 each (assuming we changed roles throughout the months to try all the roles)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Castle
United States
Lothian
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this game for four months over last weekend with just two people. We won our first two months, then lost the third, and stopped after winning the third. It's a fun game and different enough from normal Pandemic that just two people can hold their own against the game. Both of us were seasoned gamers that enjoy normal Pandemic too. Hopefully that's helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefaan Henderickx
Belgium
Kallo
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished april. We won every month first time playing 1 character each (and indeed switching characters a lot between months to enjoy the variety). I guess it's a bit easier playing 2-player with only 1 character, but not ridiculously easy and we are enjoying the ride (and I think may will be hard).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game works fine either way. And nothing stops you trying it both ways before sticking with whatever you found fun.

Using different characters across the year is normal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls