Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
37 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Ticket to Ride Map Collection: Volume 5 – United Kingdom & Pennsylvania» Forums » General

Subject: Any word on when this is shipping? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank QB
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard this was scheduled to ship in October. Just curious if anyone has any inside knowledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Duncan
Scotland
East Kilbride
South Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
www.gameburst.co.uk
badge
I have the power!
Microbadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!Microbadge: Scythe fanMicrobadge: Scythe fanMicrobadge: The theme is strong with this oneMicrobadge: I play with purple!
Not sure about your neck of the woods, but it shipped this week in the UK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank QB
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably on the boat to Canada.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, when Netherlands came out, I pre-ordered and it arrived in time for my dad's birthday. So, I'm guessing it will arrive around Thanksgiving again. At least that's what I keep telling myself so I don't start stressing about having to get another gift and saving the game for Christmas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Lampinen
Finland
Espoo
none
flag msg tools
(and a hermit)
badge
Fan of FUN games!
mbmbmb
Days of Wonder Store says November 13 EU and November20 US, I assume it'll probably come to gamestores around then too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott O'Brien
United States
Connellsville
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Pittsburgh Penguins fanMicrobadge: Pittsburgh Steelers fanMicrobadge: Go Steelers!Microbadge: Pittsburgh Pirates fan Microbadge: Pittsburgh Steelers fan
Cardhaus.com had it listed as 11/18. But now they changed it to Nov 30... hope this isn't late.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank QB
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just saw on DoW website that it lists 12/09/15 as shipping date. I hope that doesn't mean Dec 9.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent de Jong
msg tools
max_s wrote:
Days of Wonder Store says November 13 EU and November20 US, I assume it'll probably come to gamestores around then too.
I live in The Netherlands and I've received the game on 11/12 already (Lucky me!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Sushi loverMicrobadge: Sushi loverMicrobadge: Sushi loverMicrobadge: Sushi loverMicrobadge: Sushi lover
sao123 wrote:
Cardhaus.com had it listed as 11/18. But now they changed it to Nov 30... hope this isn't late.
Coolstuff also had it listed as Nov. 18, they now show it as Nov/Dec.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott O'Brien
United States
Connellsville
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Pittsburgh Penguins fanMicrobadge: Pittsburgh Steelers fanMicrobadge: Go Steelers!Microbadge: Pittsburgh Pirates fan Microbadge: Pittsburgh Steelers fan
frankqb wrote:
Just saw on DoW website that it lists 12/09/15 as shipping date. I hope that doesn't mean Dec 9.

WHY??????????????????????????????????????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the one item holding up my CSI order. Please ship soon!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Evans
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously Days of Wonder, ugh!! Why can't street dates just be honored? I figured this one was a safe bet for Thanksgiving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Lampinen
Finland
Espoo
none
flag msg tools
(and a hermit)
badge
Fan of FUN games!
mbmbmb
It's available in Europe now, but yes, apparently December for USA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Holzman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is maybe just a hypothesis, but I know another game I am waiting for got held up in customs and is delayed a couple weeks. Maybe that is the same case here, hard to tell without DOW providing any information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: EurogamerMicrobadge: Microbrewery beer loverMicrobadge: LutheranMicrobadge: Maracaibo fanMicrobadge: Golden Meeple
Jumpman78 wrote:
Seriously Days of Wonder, ugh!! Why can't street dates just be honored? I figured this one was a safe bet for Thanksgiving.
I'm not a big fan of Game Salute, but they did put together a decent infographic (http://gamesalute.com/LifeAndTimes) that describes some of the reasons why street dates are not necessarily easy to predict. Many publishers have discussed this on podcasts, and different publishers take different approaches to estimating their dates - some more conservative than others. Bottom line: the global production and fulfillment process has many variables and opportunities for unanticipated delays.

I'm anxiously waiting for this, too. But while we're waiting, we can play any of the thousands of other great games currently available.
laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank QB
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mholzma wrote:
This is maybe just a hypothesis, but I know another game I am waiting for got held up in customs and is delayed a couple weeks. Maybe that is the same case here, hard to tell without DOW providing any information.
Any chance you're waiting for Catacombs 3rd edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott O'Brien
United States
Connellsville
PA
flag msg tools
badge
DrumPhil wrote:
Jumpman78 wrote:
I'm not a big fan of Game Salute, but they did put together a decent infographic (http://gamesalute.com/LifeAndTimes) that describes some of the reasons why street dates are not necessarily easy to predict. Many publishers have discussed this on podcasts, and different publishers take different approaches to estimating their dates - some more conservative than others. Bottom line: the global production and fulfillment process has many variables and opportunities for unanticipated delays.

I'm anxiously waiting for this, too. But while we're waiting, we can play any of the thousands of other great games currently available.
laugh
I don't think that anyone would argue that it takes a long time to produce and manufacture anything, much less a game.

However, two important things to note:

1) Other industries are able to accurately set and stick to release dates for products. I have never had a Call of duty title or Star Wars Blu Ray scheduled to be released and then delayed at the last minute.

2)Essen is such late in the year, that products released there (almost every game ever made), have minimum margins to make it into US retail before the Christmas shopping season starts at the end of November.

I for one order games as presents, and want to have them in my possession before thanksgiving. Because I am NOT going to be waiting until the last minute to attempt to buy a another gift because something got delayed. ALL my Christmas shopping is done before Dec 1.

This means the person whom I bought TTR for (along with this UK map) probably wont be getting it for Christmas this year... Why? Because It was delayed once, and I'm not going to be standing here on 12/11 saying, Oh it was delayed again until 1/4---Now what? Hell No. I don't wait for the unanticipated to screw me.

the industry needs to get into shape so that games released at essen are in retail in time to be ships and arrived at the customers residence BEFORE thanksgiving. Period, end of story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Lampinen
Finland
Espoo
none
flag msg tools
(and a hermit)
badge
Fan of FUN games!
mbmbmb
I'm pretty sure these delays aren't DoW fault. The game is already printed and out in Europe. And it seems they had planned 1 week for getting it to US too, but it just won't arrive that fast. At least they swiftly changed the site to the new expected day instead of leaving you hanging and guessing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
The DoW rep at BGGCon told me that TTR UK will be out in the US within the next two weeks. He said it was held up by a slow boat and customs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank QB
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent work! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martin
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
max_s wrote:
It's available in Europe now, but yes, apparently December for USA
I ordered it directly from DOW well in advance and was given a November 20 ship date. When it hadn't shown up by the 25th, I contacted them about it, and they said there was a delay in shipping and it would now go out December 4th. I'm a bit annoyed that they weren't proactive about telling all of their US customers this. I had hoped to have it while my in-laws were in town for Thanksgiving, but since they didn't really get the mechanics of the basic game when we tried to teach them, I suppose that's a moot point. I'll be really miffed if we don't have it by Christmas, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank QB
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the same boat. Pretty miffed that they screwed up their delivery estimates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
frankqb wrote:
I'm in the same boat. Pretty miffed that they screwed up their delivery estimates.
You're IN the boat?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Driving an orange VolkswagenMicrobadge: Procrastinator (image to be uploaded soon)Microbadge: Play a bird from your handMicrobadge: Polar bear blinking in a blizzard
Cardhaus now says December 11.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
BigAndiD wrote:
Not sure about your neck of the woods, but it shipped this week in the UK
Days of Wonder hates America.