Subject: Normal technology very strong for non atlanteans? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martijn Weekenstroo
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all I really love this game and it might just be my number 1 game. I was super exited for this expansion and have enjoyed it very much up to now. It does feel however that the player who is not playing with the atlanteans is benefitting more from the normal technology then the atlantean player and I was wondering if more people felt this way.

In the two games I've played now the non-Atlantean player had easy acces to the tech and basically had a tech on every of his/her production buildings very fast and at the end of the game on all common building. This makes it that the production of this player is trough the roof and I managed a score of 140 something with the romans that way.

The Atlanteans on the other hand can have a difficult time with resources in the beginning because they do not get any raze tokens to raze common building from your hand for resources and also there is basically no way to destroy the buildings with tech from your opponent because you have no acces to raze tokens.. The game we just played, my girlfriend who played the barbarians produced something like 5 cards in production and could spend 4 workers for 4 cards with nothing I could do about it..

Again was wondering what the experiences are for others with this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winston Spencer
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cito88 wrote:
... the non-Atlantean player ... basically had a tech on every of his/her production buildings very fast and at the end of the game on all common building. This makes it that the production of this player is trough the roof and I managed a score of 140 something with the romans that way.
For non-Atlateans players, tech tokens are only a resource to use in the new faction cards that come with the expasion. They can't use then like Atlanteans do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Winston is 100% right.
Only Atlanteans can put Tech tokens on cards.
Other factions can only spend them on some of their cards to get super cool effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martijn Weekenstroo
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah ok this makes so much sense! At one point I thought that this must be the case but couldn't find it clear in the rules. Must have missed it.

Thnx for the quick reply and looking forward to playing again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winston Spencer
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Technology tokens and other Factions
Other Factions may only use the Technology tokens as Goods spent to activate Actions in certain Locations.
If you want to know the text from manual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls