Subject: How does it play as a 3-player game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henry DeYoung
United States
Export
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Functional ProgrammerMicrobadge: Ra fanMicrobadge: San Antonio Spurs fanMicrobadge: Game ExplainerMicrobadge: Istanbul fan
I nearly always play games with a total of 3 players (myself included). How is this game as a 3-player game? Does the trading suffer with less than the full complement of players?

Also, do you find the listed play time of 90 minutes to be accurate for 3 players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Microbadge: RainbowMicrobadge: FeminismMicrobadge: Spirit Island fanMicrobadge: "It's not only the question, but the way you try to solve it" - Maryam MirzakhaniMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.
I found the listed play time to be pretty accurate. It oddly doesn't seem to vary a lot with the number of players, I think because you usually end up going through the deck.

I also find it works great as a 3-player game. There is less trading, but that's not really a crucial part of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miles Orrick
Canada
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Compounded fanMicrobadge: Java programmerMicrobadge: Raspberry Pi fan
I play this frequently with 3. I find it works well, and the time limit is still a good estimate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls