Popular Tags: [View All]
David Zammiello
United States
Libertyville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The liberation rules in the right-hand column of page 20 have confused me.

In the first paragraph at the top of the column, it says if a player conquers a country that was previously conquered that county is liberated instead.

In the following paragraph, it says "if you choose not to liberate a country" but I think this should read "if you choose not to return control of the liberated country to its original major power" because there's no prior mention of choosing to liberate or not.

The third paragraph talks about adding a liberated country's units to your force pool "when you liberate a country." Do you add the units to your own force pool even if you return control of the liberated country to its original major power?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Reverend Zombie wrote:
The liberation rules in the right-hand column of page 20 have confused me.

In the first paragraph at the top of the column, it says if a player conquers a country that was previously conquered that county is liberated instead.

In the following paragraph, it says "if you choose not to liberate a country" but I think this should read "if you choose not to return control of the liberated country to its original major power" because there's no prior mention of choosing to liberate or not.

The third paragraph talks about adding a liberated country's units to your force pool "when you liberate a country." Do you add the units to your own force pool even if you return control of the liberated country to its original major power?
Hi David,

Your wording in the 2nd para sounds more accurate. I will reread it and if as I suspect you are correct, I will update that in the FAQs and/or errata. Whichever major power assumes control of a minor country is the one and only major power that can build that minor's units.

Thanks & sorry for the confusion.
Cheers,
Dave L.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Zammiello
United States
Libertyville
Illinois
flag msg tools