Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lior Kiperman
Israel
Ramat Gan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The stronger effect of Stout Resolve is:

Move 3, Influence 3, Attack 3 or Block 3. You may discard any number of cards , including one Wound, to increase the effect by 2 for each.

If you have no wounds in hand, can you still discard cards for +2 each? I'm not sure if the effect allows you to use up to 1 wound as one of the discarded cards, or exactly one of the cards that you discard must be a wound.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
HealingAura wrote:
The stronger effect of Stout Resolve is:

Move 3, Influence 3, Attack 3 or Block 3. You may discard any number of cards , including one Wound, to increase the effect by 2 for each.

If you have no wounds in hand, can you still discard cards for +2 each? I'm not sure if the effect allows you to use up to 1 wound as one of the discarded cards, or exactly one of the cards that you discard must be a wound.
Yes, you can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Tudor
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great question! I haven't come across this one.

I looked through the forum and found that Paul Grogan posted answer confirmed by VC.

"I spoke to Vlaada yesterday and confirmed that the wound card is optional. I can see how it could be read both ways, but the intention is that one of the cards you discard may be a wound.

And yes, there probably is better wording, as there always is. If people want to carry on discussing "it should have been worded like this", feel free "

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/912267/stout-resolve-must-i...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls