Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Staherski
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
I feel like I'm missing something obvious here, but since there are an odd number of cards in the Task deck, and you draw 2 at a time, you always eventually end up with a singleton before a reshuffle. What do you do with this lone card? Do you draw it and then reshuffle for the 2nd card? Or do you shuffle it into the rest and draw 2 from the full deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Greenley
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Greetings Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd draw the remaining card, shuffle the discard, and then draw the second (and possibly third).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kinney
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget about Chaya (I think) who draws three task cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Staherski
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
jonocop wrote:
Don't forget about Chaya (I think) who draws three task cards.
Ah, true. That was one of the characters we happened to not have in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Derrick
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Task deck was originally 22 cards, and then right before we went to print I cut one of them because it had balance issues and we didn't have a replacement.

But the presence of Chaya often disrupts that draw anyways, so I left the Task deck at 21 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Staherski
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
derrickec wrote:
The Task deck was originally 22 cards, and then right before we went to print I cut one of them because it had balance issues and we didn't have a replacement.

But the presence of Chaya often disrupts that draw anyways, so I left the Task deck at 21 cards.
That makes perfect sense. I had totally forgotten about that character. Is the interpretation above the correct one then? Draw the last card as card #1 and reshuffle for #2? I only ask because I know sometimes in games involving deception it's desirable to have a card that's never seen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Derrick
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
intheblacklodge wrote:
derrickec wrote:

That makes perfect sense. I had totally forgotten about that character. Is the interpretation above the correct one then? Draw the last card as card #1 and reshuffle for #2? I only ask because I know sometimes in games involving deception it's desirable to have a card that's never seen.
Yes, that's correct. Draw #1, reshuffle everything else, and draw #2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Staherski
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks!

Thumb up