Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Sweeney
United States
Clinton Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, although I've owned the game for years, I'm finally playing it with 2 experienced players and another newbie. I've basically been watching to try to get flow of game.

The game used Days of Decision which has brought Turkey into the German side, Yugo on Allied side and AH neutral. Disaster after disaster has struck Germany as Yugo with GB has knocked Italy out of the war, France survived till Late 1941... Germany dare not activate Turkey with the Med dominated by GB boats; Rumania cannot yet be reinforced as AH is neutral. Now early 1942 and I am Japan. The US (we believe cannot yet DoW) and has just been allowed to pass armament bill but has set up everything newly built on East Coast and GB has almost everything (except holding forces and some air) in Itsly. It appears US will send everything to Europe and focus on Germany.

In the meantime, Japan has done nothing but build - all armor, Inf and air - just did three marines And almost all navy is a building (except subs). No war on China, nothing aggressive but place 2 Inf on Truk and rest of IJ Army on borders of China and Russia.

IMHO the Axis are royally screwed-so time to do something crazy. My idea is everything land and air into Russia, keep just enough to hold against Chinese. Use Marines to take resources from everyone in Pacific and garrison with militia. Build everything that floats... At least I'll get some of the mechanics down before we restart...

Opinions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DoD can get pretty screwy sometimes.

Which version are you playing though? The old DoD with WiF5?

If you're playing the latest version, DoD 3, then Germany can just annex Austria freely once they've passed a gearup, and then you could attack into Italy/Yugoslavia overland. Britain shouldn't have enough to hold all that territory against Germany by themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Afzelius
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Well you are right, Germany could be comming Down fast.

I played DoD some 5-7 times and I belive you should talk with Germany about hitting USSR.

Even with DoD, it is on the easterne front most Wif plays are lost or won, so this is your chance to turn the game.

Keep CW out of France, hold them in the Mountains in the South and let the US rot in Pacific (it will cost them to Dow Japan and gear up, dont give that free to them).

As Japan I belive you did the right thing to NOT Dow China,what you should aim at is the timing of Dow CW before US can help them.
You got a LOT of target to take.
Be sure to take Manilla before the US can reinforce it or be ready to a major combat you CAN win.

The thing you should do with Japan VS USA is to Count invasion on the Pearl and see if this makes the US player jumpy, you cannot save Germany but IF US ignore you, you should try to trick USA into fearing you.

DONT lose your mar units in the first year of the war with USA, invade where he got Little defence or bring him OOS. Use your subs to intercept transporters and try to have nav/CV in the 0,1 and 4 box in your 2 conv sea zones (if you play with present of the enemy you will need a CA screen in many sea zones).

In you land war with USSR, throw everthing at him, take the reinforcements citys and storm Chita if you in anyway can. Even if you cannot get Germany to DOW USSR ask him to move the army to the Eastern border to hold the most of the USSR army in the West (away from you)

Good luck and may the sun never set on your empire
Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sweeney
United States
Clinton Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DoD with WiF5

Well, Germany and I are going to hit Russia from both ends. My Pacific plans are to use Marines to take easy targets and garrison with Militia. Not to attack China but leave enough behind to defend against China. With most of CW in Italy, Yugo on the CW, the US positioned to move to England - it should be interesting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls