Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Mercer
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Today I played a game where my investigator received both a Hunger and a Hypothermia condition at the same time. When attempting to remove one during my next turn's rest action, I rolled a dice and it was a 4. Both conditions say they can be discarded rolling a 4, 5, or 6 on my rest action. But I can't find a rule anywhere that says I am limited to discarding just 1 per rest action.

Is there an official ruling on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
Microbadge: AtheistMicrobadge: Better Living Through ChemistryMicrobadge: GayMicrobadge: Beard fanMicrobadge: Leather Pride
You roll a separate die for each condition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Mercer
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
You roll a separate die for each condition.
During the same rest action, or two separate rest actions and therefore two different turns?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Same rest action, you respond to it with everything that can trigger off it (rest-rolled conditions in separate rolls, various relics, Arcane Tome, Healing Words if not made pointless by both regenerations being blocked, whatever)

Edit: Keep in mind that even if you get rid if anything that blocks a regeneration with these rolls, you can still not gain that resource from the rest, not even from additions like Healing Words or Fresh Fruit etc. State of blocking when you declare the action matters for that.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AmusedToDeath47 wrote:
But I can't find a rule anywhere that says I am limited to discarding just 1 per rest action.
That's because there is no such rule.

AmusedToDeath47 wrote:
Is there an official ruling on this?
I haven't found one. I think no one supposed it would need a clarification.

Any number of effects may trigger on a single event. You may have for example (card names from my memory, so they may be a little off) a Lodge Researcher which says "When you defeat a monster during a Combat Encounter (gain 1 clue)" and "Purifying the World" Which says "When you defeat a monster during a Combat Encounter (put a token on this task)". Do you have doubts that the both effects trigger when you defeat a single monster?
Also the
symbol basically means "When a
appears on a Mythos card (do something)" Do you have doubts that a whole lot of effects trigger on a single
?

If not, then don't have doubts that a several effects may trigger on a single Rest action. Or any other event.

When something happens, then all the effects that state "When something happens" trigger.

Also, as a curiosity, look at this:

The Poisoned condition states that "When you perform a Rest Action" you don't recover any Health or Sanity. If you should choose which of the effects trigger on a Rest Action, then you would just choose to resolve Paranoia's effect and recover Health/Sanity as normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls