6 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Saviours and Age Milestones (minor spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zephyr Starblazer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do saviours loose their relevant +stat bonus if their Hunt XP is reduced below an Age Milestone? Does the source of Hunt XP reduction matter? :-
Spoiler (click to reveal)
For instance, the difference between this occurring due to the Phoenix event simply reducing Hunt XP and Records resetting Hunt XP, which explicitly states on 'You may gain the benefits of the Age story event again' when it occurs.

In short, is the 'Age Milestone' used by saviour bonuses tied to Hunt XP or performing the Age event?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
"Try to pretend like you understand what's important."
badge
"Crafted with genius, energized with madness."
Microbadge: London fanMicrobadge: Onitama fanMicrobadge: Lords of Waterdeep fanMicrobadge: Blood Bowl: Team Manager - The Card Game fanMicrobadge: Factory Fun fan
Nope. They lose the XP and that's it. The survivor will retain the bonus. If they retrigger the same Age event, the new bonus will stack with the previous one(s).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
Microbadge: ShamanismMicrobadge: I drop the F-bombMicrobadge: Mark of the DamnedMicrobadge: Dune fanMicrobadge: Neon Genesis Evangelion fan
poeticallybored wrote:
If they retrigger the same Age event, the new bonus will stack with the previous one(s).
Read at the top of "Age"

"A survivor may only gain the benefit of each milestone once per lifetime"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Kingdom Death: Monster fanMicrobadge: 2016 Gold SupporterMicrobadge: Silver Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
brrrmanza wrote:
poeticallybored wrote:
If they retrigger the same Age event, the new bonus will stack with the previous one(s).
Read at the top of "Age"

It may depend upon how they lose the age though...I believe some of the age-losing effects specify that you can gain the benefit of the age milestones again. Or am I confusing something else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
Microbadge: ShamanismMicrobadge: I drop the F-bombMicrobadge: Mark of the DamnedMicrobadge: Dune fanMicrobadge: Neon Genesis Evangelion fan
It's possible that you're confusing it… it's also possible that you may re-apply that milestone, but that seems to conflict the text in the book…

Which, would be a case of "Card superseding the book"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
"Try to pretend like you understand what's important."
badge
"Crafted with genius, energized with madness."
Microbadge: London fanMicrobadge: Onitama fanMicrobadge: Lords of Waterdeep fanMicrobadge: Blood Bowl: Team Manager - The Card Game fanMicrobadge: Factory Fun fan
brrrmanza wrote:
Ya got me. Misremembered the exact text on life exchange.

Blueskew wrote:
It may depend upon how they lose the age though...I believe some of the age-losing effects specify that you can gain the benefit of the age milestones again. Or am I confusing something else?
There are definitely some effects that specify this, yes, but like Bret said, these instances are exceptions to the general rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls