Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ralph B
United States
Granite Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just learning the game, so please forgive me if I missed this in the rules.

I'm confused as to the relationship between the three 'actual' conspirators whose three cards are played down in The Conspirators box on the Plan mat versus the conspirators whose units are 'revealed' during the Jefferson Phase.

Are the 'revealed' units only suspected conspirators?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
reviewboy wrote:
I'm just learning the game, so please forgive me if I missed this in the rules.

I'm confused as to the relationship between the three 'actual' conspirators whose three cards are played down in The Conspirators box on the Plan mat versus the conspirators whose units are 'revealed' during the Jefferson Phase.

Are the 'revealed' units only suspected conspirators?
It's been a while since I played the game, but yes that's roughly how I remember it. The cards determine who the actual conspirators are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The conspirator cards BESIDES THE THREE SET ASIDE WHO FORM THE ACTUAL CONSPIRACY are shuffled into the deck. When they are revealed, you then know that card is NOT one of the 3 you need to deduce.

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ralph--

There is NO relationship between the "card" conspirators and the "unit" conspirators.

The units that are revealed on the board were historically part of Aaron Burr's plans. Thus, when you arrest them, you can be confident that they were really involved with Burr.

The cards, on the other hand, represent people who MAY have been conspiring with Burr. Historians still debate today whether there was really a conspiracy or not.

In the game, the units and cards are not related to each other at all. The units you capture provide extra points at the end of the game, and in some cases provide other specific benefits. (One even reveals a "card" conspirator!)

As Alan explained, the Conspiracy Cards you draw as the game goes on represent people who had been suspected of collaboration with Burr, but now they are cleared and provide you benefits. By process of elimination, you will eventually figure out (hopefully) who the real conspirators are, and thus what the plan was.

Does that clear it up?

Bob Leonhard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls