Adrian Besaw
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
So c-c-c-c-old!
mbmbmbmb
I've been waiting for this game for a while now. I suspected that FFG was working on something grandiose. They know people will buy this game so why not make it epic in size and in components. My only hope is that the game play will be engaging, interesting, streamlined and will bring me into the world of the Star Wars universe. As I tend to play games above the 2 player count my big hope is that the 3 and/or 4 player game will be satisfying and not just something that is tacked on.

What's your hope for the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex

Québec
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My hope is that Corey K. will outdo himself. While I think he is talented, I am not a huge fan of most of his games and none have been a huge hit in my group. I find that his game tend to be fiddly, random and over-reliant on gimmicky ideas. So I hope this game will be the one to change my opinion about his designs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teik Chooi Oh
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whilst I like the idea of a feasible 3-4 players, I strongly suspect a share the pieces type of 2v2 rather than true 3-4 players. Perhaps an expansion of Scum & Villainy 3rd faction with their own agenda, sometimes fighting and sometimes assisting either sides.

My main hope is that it is playable in 3 hours so that I can play this with the missus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Besaw
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
So c-c-c-c-old!
mbmbmbmb
chooi wrote:
Whilst I like the idea of a feasible 3-4 players, I strongly suspect a share the pieces type of 2v2 rather than true 3-4 players.

This was my guess as well. I've never played a 2v2 game before so I have no reference for what kind of experience that would be. Interesting? Frustrating? Would it drag out the game to much?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zoran
United Kingdom
London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chooi wrote:
Whilst I like the idea of a feasible 3-4 players, I strongly suspect a share the pieces type of 2v2 rather than true 3-4 players. Perhaps an expansion of Scum & Villainy 3rd faction with their own agenda, sometimes fighting and sometimes assisting either sides.

My main hope is that it is playable in 3 hours so that I can play this with the missus

Boba Fett appears for the Empire, that goes against a separate Scum and Villany faction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teik Chooi Oh
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Surely not difficult for an expansion to provide replacement 'neutral/Scum' Fett if they wanted to. Anyway, it is not required & would have to be carefully balanced if they ever did such a concept

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jellospike wrote:
My hope is that Corey K. will outdo himself. While I think he is talented, I am not a huge fan of most of his games and none have been a huge hit in my group. I find that his game tend to be fiddly, random and over-reliant on gimmicky ideas. So I hope this game will be the one to change my opinion about his designs!

Corey K. is my favorite designer, i pretty much like all of his designs and would i make a top 10 list of my favorite games, it would contain a lot of his games. You definitely will recognize Star Wars: Rebellion as one of his designs.
However one of the critique points of his designs is often that his combat systems are fiddly - this is not the case in Rebellion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerrin 2
United States
Canandaigua
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Aye, my only complaint about Corey's games are the few that have card combat systems I dislike. Otherwise I like the rest of his games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ioticus
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Card combat is what makes his designs awesome. Dice combat games are a dime a dozen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerrin 2
United States
Canandaigua
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ioticus wrote:
Card combat is what makes his designs awesome. Dice combat games are a dime a dozen.

I guess we'll just agree to disagree. For me his record with card combat systems is hit and miss. Some I like and others I don't.

Hopefully this will be a great one! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Meeusen

Belmont
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FrozenGamer wrote:

That they'll use the legends "mythology" as the basis for expansions and add-ons in the future. Love to have a campaign with Grand Admiral Thrawn or a Dark Luke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Besaw
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
So c-c-c-c-old!
mbmbmbmb
ioticus wrote:

Completely agree!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Ford
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chooi wrote:
Surely not difficult for an expansion to provide replacement 'neutral/Scum' Fett if they wanted to. Anyway, it is not required & would have to be carefully balanced if they ever did such a concept

Or make Boba a shared character, possibly a little like Lando from the Decipher CCG. Maybe whoever pays Boba more resources gets to use him for the round! :-) There's tons o' fun you could have in the design of a Scum & Villainy faction expansion provided the original rules are simple enough to expand on. It could make for an awesome and unique 3-player experience.

Can't wait to see the rule book!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Lampinen
Finland
Espoo
none
flag msg tools
(and a hermit)
badge
Fan of FUN games!
mbmbmb
zekks wrote:
FrozenGamer wrote:

That they'll use the legends "mythology" as the basis for expansions and add-ons in the future. Love to have a campaign with Grand Admiral Thrawn or a Dark Luke.

Bit too late for that with new canon and all. A dream.. But we'll more likely see Episode VII stuff in future

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
max_s wrote:
zekks wrote:
FrozenGamer wrote:

Bit too late for that with new canon and all. A dream.. But we'll more likely see Episode VII stuff in future

They've released stuff in the Legends line since the canon reboot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.