Alexander Rolfe
United States
Newberg
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the last turn I defeated Kingpin, drawing his last card, which caused each other player to play a Henchman from the Victory Pile as if playing it from the Villain Deck. In the Organized Crime Wave scheme, the Maggia Goons have an ambush ability that makes us play another card from the Villain Deck. So when I hit Kingpin the last time, he caused my son to play a Maggia Goon, which caused another Maggia Goon to come out, and then another, and then a scheme twist which made them escape, which means we lost the game.

I had 17 attack sitting there waiting to be used, after defeating Kingpin. Could I have hit the Maggia Goons as they came out of the Villain Deck? Or did we have to let the ambush chain reaction run its course? And if the latter, did we lose, or did the fact that we defeated Kingpin four times mean we won?

This is very important, because we need to know whether we have to play this set-up again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Lee
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to hear what others say, too. My vote would be you won and the last fight effect is ignored because you just beat Kingpin and won. I will also mention that these close finishes are what I love about this game. Two thirds of my games always end with a close finish where either side is within two turns of winning. This game was designed unbelievably well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All of the effects go off, for the sake of ending the game, but your victory was locked in as soon as you defeated the last Kingpin.

You then play out the fight effects, which would potentially decrease victory points from some players, but you already won.

Cheers,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Rolfe
United States
Newberg
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to hear it! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
arolfe wrote:
On the last turn I defeated Kingpin...
You won. The second you remove the last Tactic Card you are victorious

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Lee
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to amend what I wrote before. I still think you won, but for myself, if that were to happen to me I will declare it a tie. It's like I kicked Kingpin's butt, but right before he choked he hit his cell phone and called for all his goons to come get me. So even though I beat him, I didn't get to walk away for a hamburger. All his thugs surrounded me and finished me off. It's a draw.

I would only play this way because I sort of like the near losses. Makes me want to play again right away. A victory makes me want to move on to something else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls