Hide
6 Posts

Burgle Bros.» Forums » Rules

Subject: Picking a starting entrance tile rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brach Munoz
msg tools
Microbadge: Silver Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: EurogamerMicrobadge: Level 03 BGG posterMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Wargamer - WW2
I have not been able to find a post that deals with this question. The rules say you randomly pick a starting tile for the crew to start on. I interpret that as meaning you flip a tile and that's where each player will start without having to deal with the consequences of that tile during the start turn.

1. What if you pick the safe or stairs tile? is that still your starting spot?

2. If you pick another tile, let's say an alarm, once everyone has started, is that tile now a functional alarm tile?

thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After you choose a starting tile, you flip it over and everyone may start their first turn there safely. However, if it is an alarm tile, it will become a normal alarm tile after each player's first turn. If its a stairs or safe, rejoice that you have been so fortunate! ...especially if its a stairs!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brach Munoz
msg tools
Microbadge: Silver Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: EurogamerMicrobadge: Level 03 BGG posterMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Wargamer - WW2
lol. yes, that would be a great start! Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
garry_rice wrote:
it will become a normal alarm tile after each player's first turn.
I just received my copy, and haven't had a chance to study the rules and play yet. With that in mind, the wording above is confusing to me. Do you mean "after all the players have taken a first turn", or "after the first player has taken their first turn"? The idea of a tile "becoming" a normal alarm repeatedly doesn't make sense to me based on what I know so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peakhope wrote:
garry_rice wrote:
it will become a normal alarm tile after each player's first turn.
I just received my copy, and haven't had a chance to study the rules and play yet. With that in mind, the wording above is confusing to me. Do you mean "after all the players have taken a first turn", or "after the first player has taken their first turn"? The idea of a tile "becoming" a normal alarm repeatedly doesn't make sense to me based on what I know so far.
This might be a better way of phrasing it: As soon as a player leaves the starting tile on his first turn, it becomes an active alarm tile for THAT player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Monsuwe
Netherlands
flag msg tools
The alarm tiles are worded such that it doesn't matter. Most of them trigger on when you move into the tile (and starting doesn't count as moving into), or on when you end your movement there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls