Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't get me wrong, the current figure is fine. But Nyarlathotep has a thousand forms, so there were plenty of other possibilities for his sculpt. If you could have one other, which one would it be?

My first thought is Haunter in the Dark, which I think that would make for a very cool figure and one especially fitting, given the faction's flight power. I think, however, that the Haunter is only man-sized, which would be much too small for this game. So my choice would be the great God of the Bloody Tongue! Not only would he be the perfect size to match the other GOO's, but just by looking at him other players would know that if you try to fight the Crawling Chaos, you're going to get licked!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Bloody Tongue would have been my choice anyway. I guess the black pharoh but none of the others work quite as well as bloody tongue for cthulhu wars.

the cthulhu wars sculpt is the bloody tongue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Pokémon GO fanMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Pokémon GO - Team MysticMicrobadge: Elder Sign Protected!
Black Pharaoh would be cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Farris
United States
Medford
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
There is a duck in every game. You may not see it, but it's there.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Skinless One

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claymore Nash
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nyaruko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Foster
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solan wrote:
Don't get me wrong, the current figure is fine. But Nyarlathotep has a thousand forms, so there were plenty of other possibilities for his sculpt. If you could have one other, which one would it be?

My first thought is Haunter in the Dark, which I think that would make for a very cool figure and one especially fitting, given the faction's flight power. I think, however, that the Haunter is only man-sized, which would be much too small for this game. So my choice would be the great God of the Bloody Tongue! Not only would he be the perfect size to match the other GOO's, but just by looking at him other players would know that if you try to fight the Crawling Chaos, you're going to get licked!
... The one we have IS the Bloody Tongue. I'd go with the Black Pharaoh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
icemantis99 wrote:
Solan wrote:

... The one we have IS the Bloody Tongue. I'd go with the Black Pharaoh.
That is the Bloody Tongue?!?! I really didn't think it was, but then perhaps I'm too wedded to the image of the God used for the Arkham Horror game. Well, given that we already have the God then, my choice would actually be the Faceless God for an alternate sculpt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Andersson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr. Skin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Pharaoh definitely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Herr Bose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Lanrezac
France
Chatou
Yvelines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Pharaoh !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Merlo
Ecuador
Quito
Pichincha
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well I'd love to see a huge mix-up. Sort of the God of the Bloody Tongue morphing into a (cultist sized) Dark Pharaoh at the top, maybe the Black man or Mr. Skin (or both?) at the bottom, and all surrounded by the Haunter in the Dark (which can be a little larger than a cultist but might be longer). I've seen a couple images that attempt that (I posted mine for the Halloween contest) so I guess a good concept artist could figure something out for Fenris to pull off.... A man can dream

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Dark Pharaoh - I assume this is also the version that appears in Robert Bloch's "Shadow From the Steeple" and Lovecraft's "Nyarlathotep" tale though of course in those he is not a pharaoh, but a human.

The Black Man - who appears in Dreams in the Witch House. Apparently a completely black person - to his teeth, fingernails, eyes. It says he is not negroid in appearance, but this doesn't mean he's caucasian either - I assume he is his own thing.

The Bloody Tongue / Ahtu - this is the version which appears in Lovecraft's story "Azathoth", and is also the one pictured in my original Field Guide to Monsters, AND is the version usually thought of as the "real" Nyarlathotep. In the CoC scenario featuring "Ahtu" my assumption is that Ahtu is in fact the Bloody Tongue.

The Faceless Sphinx - he shows up in an old CoC scenario (can't remember the name) but he looks like a sphinx with a face made of stars or galaxies or something. I am not totally happy with this one. I like the story "Trapped With the Pharaohs" and I do NOT regard the monstrous Being at the end of the tale as an avatar of Nyarlathotep. I look forward to producing it as a Terror some day.

The Bloated Woman - for some reason, I really like this creation of Larry DiTillio. She seems really interesting and ominous. Her only flaw is that she is small (a little more than human-sized) so unimpressive on the tabletop.

The Dark Demon - from the story of the same name by Robert Bloch. Kind of a tepid design, primarily interesting because of the nature of its manifestation (the summoner is transformed into the appearance of the Dark Demon, which of course sucks pretty bad for him after the Demon departs).

The Haunter of the Dark – this is definitely the one I am most interested in seeing as a figure. So there’s that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Gourion
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sandy Petersen wrote:
The Dark Pharaoh - I assume this is also the version that appears in Robert Bloch's "Shadow From the Steeple" and Lovecraft's "Nyarlathotep" tale though of course in those he is not a pharaoh, but a human.

The Black Man - who appears in Dreams in the Witch House. Apparently a completely black person - to his teeth, fingernails, eyes. It says he is not negroid in appearance, but this doesn't mean he's caucasian either - I assume he is his own thing.

The Bloody Tongue / Ahtu - this is the version which appears in Lovecraft's story "Azathoth", and is also the one pictured in my original Field Guide to Monsters, AND is the version usually thought of as the "real" Nyarlathotep. In the CoC scenario featuring "Ahtu" my assumption is that Ahtu is in fact the Bloody Tongue.

The Faceless Sphinx - he shows up in an old CoC scenario (can't remember the name) but he looks like a sphinx with a face made of stars or galaxies or something. I am not totally happy with this one. I like the story "Trapped With the Pharaohs" and I do NOT regard the monstrous Being at the end of the tale as an avatar of Nyarlathotep. I look forward to producing it as a Terror some day.

The Bloated Woman - for some reason, I really like this creation of Larry DiTillio. She seems really interesting and ominous. Her only flaw is that she is small (a little more than human-sized) so unimpressive on the tabletop.

The Dark Demon - from the story of the same name by Robert Bloch. Kind of a tepid design, primarily interesting because of the nature of its manifestation (the summoner is transformed into the appearance of the Dark Demon, which of course sucks pretty bad for him after the Demon departs).

The Haunter of the Dark – this is definitely the one I am most interested in seeing as a figure. So there’s that.
Is there some taste of ONslaught 3 here ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls