Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: NinjaMicrobadge: Star Realms fanMicrobadge: Xbox 360 - I Don't Care About AchievementsMicrobadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
I logged in BGG to write up some comments on game played today. While waiting for a page to load I found that Star Wars Rebellion ad and said to myself WTF! Naaa! its probably and expansion for one of those card or miniature games.

I once posted on another thread that the only star wars game I would buy is a Twilight Imperium style game in the world of star wars. So I hit back in my browser in hoping to find the ad again (rare thing to desire having an ad) to finally realize that ... they did it. They did what I asked for.

I have not bought a lot of board games lately, but this one is going to be hard to turn down. It's also only a 2 player game making it easier to find an opponent and reducing downtime. So unless the rules are horrible, I think I am willing to buy this game without playing it before. For those who know me, this rarely happens to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
CALIFORNIA
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: EurogamerMicrobadge: Dice fanMicrobadge: Miniatures GamerMicrobadge: Geek RegularMicrobadge: I play with Yellow!
yup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: The Legend of Zelda fanMicrobadge: Ameritrash fanMicrobadge: Geek of the Week
Star Wars: The Queen's Gambit and War of the Ring brought me full into this hobby. It feels like a journey that has brought me to this moment.

(Honestly, only being very slightly hyperbolic.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David SL
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Level 01 BGG posterMicrobadge: Level 02 BGG posterMicrobadge: Level 03 BGG poster
larienna wrote:
I logged in BGG to write up some comments on game played today. While waiting for a page to load I found that Star Wars Rebellion ad and said to myself WTF! Naaa! its probably and expansion for one of those card or miniature games.

I once posted on another thread that the only star wars game I would buy is a Twilight Imperium style game in the world of star wars. So I hit back in my browser in hoping to find the ad again (rare thing to desire having an ad) to finally realize that ... they did it. They did what I asked for.

I have not bought a lot of board games lately, but this one is going to be hard to turn down. It's also only a 2 player game making it easier to find an opponent and reducing downtime. So unless the rules are horrible, I think I am willing to buy this game without playing it before. For those who know me, this rarely happens to me.
This game has instantly gone to the top of my watch list (well, alongside the forthcoming Turtles game, but for different reasons). It's basically the game I've been looking for for a long time (Twilight Imperium was just never a realistic option for my group).

As for the player count, it says 2-4 players on the main page, so I'm not sure yet. But either way, this looks like a game that a 3rd or 4th player could definitely join, simply by teaming up.

Absolutely cannot wait to get this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
Microbadge: Fantasy Flight Games fan
When I saw the announcement this week, I tried not to freak out. I decided to let the news sink in for a few days and then come back later and see how I felt.

I'm pleased to report that everything I've seen so far leads me to believe that this is my dream game. I must acquire it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoss Cartwright
United States
California
flag msg tools
Just admit it. This is Axis and Allies in space. Which is a great thing.

Now they need to do 1966 Star Trek and 1978 Battlestar Galactica as well as Space Cruiser Yamato in this style. Problem is sculpt scale is still a little too large. need reduction of another 30% smaller.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Burnett
Germany
Leipzig
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I love CaliforniaMicrobadge: Race for the Galaxy fanMicrobadge: St. Louis Cardinals fanMicrobadge: Silver Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: History buff
I'm pretty sure that this is based on the PC game with the same title. It was one of my favorite games when I was young... and it wasn't remotely like Axis & Allies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerrin 2
United States
Canandaigua
New York
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Level 03 BGG posterMicrobadge: Copper File UploaderMicrobadge: Copper Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
Hoss Cartwright wrote:

Now they need to do 1966 Star Trek and 1978 Battlestar Galactica as well as Space Cruiser Yamato in this style. Problem is sculpt scale is still a little too large. need reduction of another 30% smaller.
Noooooooo! Bigger! I have a seven foot by four foot table that needs satisfying.

TI3 and Arkham Horror do a good job now, but new BIG games are needed.

kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: NinjaMicrobadge: Star Realms fanMicrobadge: Xbox 360 - I Don't Care About AchievementsMicrobadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
By turtle game, you mean

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/180771/teenage-mutant...

I'll keep watch too.

I just hope they do not use the axis and allies combat system. I hate having to defend the death star with fighter padding like it's the case in TI3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Gravett
United States
Kansas City
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Mystery Science Theater 3000 fanMicrobadge: Mystery Science Theater 3000 fanMicrobadge: "Albert Glasser. The man who holds you down and pummels you with music." Microbadge: Battlestar Galactica - I am a CylonMicrobadge: "Apparently sarcasm hasn't hit the Old West yet."
Hoss Cartwright wrote:
Absolutely. It's like Axis and Allies if you could have cards for stuff like the Operation Valkyrie and Ultra decrypts, and have the added task of swaying territories to your side... wait a second...

Is Rebellion the halfway point between Axis and Allies, and Twilight Struggle?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Bell
United States
Crown Point
IN
flag msg tools
RIPE CHRISSIES???
badge
I will find Myntokk and I will eat him.
Microbadge: Gears of War: The Board Game fanMicrobadge: The Expanse fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Nemesis fanMicrobadge: Eclipse fan
Looks like it. My buddy is laughing at me because I can't stop talking about this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Apple userMicrobadge: AC/DC fanMicrobadge: School TeacherMicrobadge: It's a trap!Microbadge: I love Germany!
And unless I am a major Leia-bout... I'll make my way down to my LGS and pick up a copy when it is available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Minneman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Jackasses? You let a whole column get stalled and strafed on account of a couple of jackasses? What the hell's the matter with you?
Microbadge: If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinkingMicrobadge: My Favorite Contribution to BGGMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: HomeschoolerMicrobadge: Parent of Three Boys and Two Girls
Palpatine wrote:
And unless I am a major Leia-bout... I'll make my way down to my LGS and pick up a copy when it is available.
Me too. I just hope it plays well Solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The survey said it was more like war of the rings, which I did not play but was apparently a very good game. Where military is not the only path to victory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: The Legend of Zelda fanMicrobadge: Ameritrash fanMicrobadge: Geek of the Week
robbbbbb wrote:
Palpatine wrote:

If not, are you going to feel Luke-warm about it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Apple userMicrobadge: AC/DC fanMicrobadge: School TeacherMicrobadge: It's a trap!Microbadge: I love Germany!
franklincobb wrote:
robbbbbb wrote:
Palpatine wrote:

If not, are you going to feel Luke-warm about it?
Glad to read you took a Jabba at the puns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Minneman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Jackasses? You let a whole column get stalled and strafed on account of a couple of jackasses? What the hell's the matter with you?
Microbadge: If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinkingMicrobadge: My Favorite Contribution to BGGMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: HomeschoolerMicrobadge: Parent of Three Boys and Two Girls
I'm just disappointed at the Darth of good information on the game at this point. Hopefully, that will clear up Vader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Schwarz
Germany
Siegen
NRW
flag msg tools
Support Fridays for Future!
badge
maybe on the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one....
Microbadge: Cloudspire fanMicrobadge: Middara fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Mage Knight Board Game fanMicrobadge: Star Wars CCG fan
I C-3P0 it now - all your puns R2-D2r the thread, only!
But we should stop now because they start Jar Jarring me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerrin 2
United States
Canandaigua
New York
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Level 03 BGG posterMicrobadge: Copper File UploaderMicrobadge: Copper Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
I know I'm Gungan mess this up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Kerrin2 wrote:
I know I'm Gungan mess this up.
Take a chance and you might just Lando on your feet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
Microbadge: AtheistMicrobadge: Better Living Through ChemistryMicrobadge: GayMicrobadge: Beard fanMicrobadge: Leather Pride
larienna wrote:
The survey said it was more like war of the rings, which I did not play but was apparently a very good game. Where military is not the only path to victory.
You mean that survey of all the people who haven't played it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
YES, a survey of people's impression of the game. Still it's better than nothing.

I don't really like twilight struggle, but what I hate about this game is not the influence record mechanism, but rather the historical events that you need to remember by heart. I don't think that it will be the situation, for this game, I don't think it will be an historical card driven war game. They might just use the influence recording mechanism.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
bleached_lizard wrote:
larienna wrote:

External image

"Speak for yourself, kiddo."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
Microbadge: AtheistMicrobadge: Better Living Through ChemistryMicrobadge: GayMicrobadge: Beard fanMicrobadge: Leather Pride
franklincobb wrote:
bleached_lizard wrote:
larienna wrote:

External image

"Speak for yourself, kiddo."
Oh, I wasn't speaking for myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
Microbadge: SagittariusMicrobadge: Parent of Two BoysMicrobadge: Laurel and Hardy fanMicrobadge: Military History buffMicrobadge: Friesland
The force is strong in this one.

Seems like a MUST have.
Lets hope that after the first reviews we won't see forced to change our minds. I mean, it looks to good to be true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls