Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Congrats [+] [View All]
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
Microbadge: Microbadgus Designum Ex ProfessoMicrobadge: This is the 10,000th microbadge uploaded!Microbadge: This is the 20,000th microbadge uploaded!Microbadge: This is the 30,000th microbadge uploaded!Microbadge: My microbadging days are behind me - I'm just enjoying the view from here on out
At my wife's first church we stupidly took out a loan to help out with various accouterments that we felt our house needed in our life at that time.

Over the years we would remind ourselves "never again" and get rather anxious about it...

That was 10 years ago... today we did the final payment.

It does feel good to get that off our shoulders.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
Microbadge: One does not simply recognize great geeks. Not with 10,000 stars could you do this...Microbadge: Love Spreader of the WeekMicrobadge: Level 20 BGG posterMicrobadge: Chit Chatter of the DayMicrobadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!
Congratulations!

When I lost my job, the only thing that has kept us from completely going off the deep end, is that other then the House, we had (have) ZERO debt.

The feeling of not have to pay off the past (with interest), helps living the present and future in a bit less stress.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
Outstanding. I know personally what you needed to do, because I did it myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Competence- It's like a whole new form of cheating!
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
Debt is the mind-killer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Agents of legitimate governments serve those over whom they exercise power, not those who exercise power over them.
mbmb
I'm glad for you! But, just so the majority of readers don't feel too bad, I'm good with the level of debt I have, which is substantially more than my family makes in a year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
We've taken care of everything...
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations. I do so despise monthly chains.

I am still feeling my wife's student debt (give it a year?) and car payments (1.5 years left). I paid off my student loan (26k) in my first 15 months of employment (that job ended after 19 months though, such is life). If the car loan had incentive to pay off (car loans are not calculated on declining balance) I would do it instantly. Sorely tempted to dump on my wife's student loan as it costs me more than my investments make.

If I didn't have more sense, I'd of financed a 500mm lens (see 10k price tag), but I'll just be patient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doujin games are awesome! I can't read Japanese!
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DKahnt wrote:
At church we took out a loan
Does not compute.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
Microbadge: Microbadgus Designum Ex ProfessoMicrobadge: This is the 10,000th microbadge uploaded!Microbadge: This is the 20,000th microbadge uploaded!Microbadge: This is the 30,000th microbadge uploaded!Microbadge: My microbadging days are behind me - I'm just enjoying the view from here on out
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
DKahnt wrote:
At church we took out a loan
Does not compute.
My wife's church gave us the loan... it was a 'benefit' b/c a the time the rates were significantly lower then a regular loan.

It's a long story, best told over beer.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They didn't accept your GG winnings, did they?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls