Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Monson
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
For over 40 years I've been enjoying gaming with great people.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

I've just fallen in love with the Combat Commander series (yea, I'm a bit late). As of now I have the CC: Europe, CC: Mediterranean, CC: Resistance, and CC: Packs #1,2,6.

Should I chase down Pacific at $90?

The game is a blast and I've only played three times - but REALLY want to play more.

Should I just wait for the P500 or will it even happen?

Thank you everybody!

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're enjoying the Europe fights, check out BPs 3,5,and 7 and save the bucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rick - WELCOME !!

Pacific is a really great game, and feels much like CC:Europe.

However, we prefer Europe, and play it in preference to Pacific, in spite of all the excellent innovations of Pacific.

My advice would be to play CC Europe until you get bored with it (unlikely, btw) and then spring for Pacific.

Of course, if the Pacific campaigns call to you, don't let the above dissuade you from an immediate purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn Smith
England
Bourne
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
"We don't see things as they are, but as we are." Anais Nin
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome onboard

It's win-win whatever you do. Play CCE to death - win. Branch out to CCP - win.

Which is 'better'?

It'd be like choosing between your children!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chicklewis wrote:
Rick - WELCOME !!

Pacific is a really great game, and feels much like CC:Europe.

However, we prefer Europe, and play it in preference to Pacific, in spite of all the excellent innovations of Pacific.

My advice would be to play CC Europe until you get bored with it (unlikely, btw) and then spring for Pacific.

Of course, if the Pacific campaigns call to you, don't let the above dissuade you from an immediate purchase.

Perhaps I gave an incomplete response. I wouldn't dissuade anyone from anything CC. I was merely suggesting that the BPs might be considered a next purchase in the short term instead of $90 for CCP until the reprint or maybe cheaper copy can be found. I have CCP and BP4 of course but they're unplayed simply because I enjoy the ETO scenarios in the BPs so much!
So for the OP it really boils down to which theater is more interesting. If the PTO was my interest I'd shell out the $90 in a heartbeat. CC:Anything is that good! :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Monson
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries. Everybody had great posts.

The main reason I'm thinking of picking up CC Pacific is because it seems to be getting harder to find. I just got the Mediterranean, Resistance and other battle packs. It's been such a busy weekend that I haven't even opened any of them yet.

After thinking a lot about which theater I prefer, it is Europe. However, Pacific sounds like a sweet twist to try from time to time. Maybe Europe 70% and Pacific 30%.

I'm going to keep my eyes open for a good price and snatch it up.

Thank you everybody!

ninja
(Now I just need to find more time to play)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Monson
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn I didn't last that long!

Just ordered a copy from Amazon for $68... I'm weak, but excited! The only Battle Pack I could find was #5 (Fall of the West).

It's my little gift for switching jobs - My old job is paying me for my accrued vacation time (175 hours). So, it works out - right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lind
United States
North Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
My favorite response to anyone's question about how something happened.
badge
Really, Mom, I was just sittin' here mindin' my own business!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have everything Combat Commander and enjoy the variations provided by both Pacific and Resistance BUT we play Europe/Med and their battlepacks more than any other.

Pacific will likely be reprinted at some point so I'd suggest picking up any battlepacks still available first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe C Faust
United States
Hartville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Prefer Europe/Med/Resistance, but Pacific is not too shabby. Just a preference of fronts. No matter which you choose, always remember: the RSG is your friend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Monson
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well Combat Commander Pacific arrived today. I scored a used copy for $60 - but looks and even smells new. Now I have almost all of the Combat Commander series (missing 1 or 2 battle packs).

Time to play!

Thank you everybody.

PS: I'm going to be about 20% Pacific and 80% Europe/Med.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.