3 Posts

Doomtown: Reloaded» Forums » Rules

Subject: What is a turn? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Devin Morton

Washington
msg tools
There have been a couple new cards in the past two Pine Boxes that have made me question what the term "Turn" means in Doomtown. Previously it seemed that the term "Turn" referred to a players action during High Noon or Shootouts. For example, from the composite rules: "Starting with the Winner and going clockwise, the players take it in turns to make a Noon
play."

First "Ancestor Spirit Token" says to remove from play at the end of the turn. Now "Fiery Rhetoric" says this dude gets control points "until the end of the turn"

Clearly they both would be worthless if "turn" is used with it's previous meaning. In my group we've agreed to play them as "until the end of the phase".

Do you agree that's the proper interpretation?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl
United States
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A Turn is what the rules refer to as a "Day". So effects that last until or occur at the "end of the turn" happen at the end of the Sundown phase.

This was clarified in the section on "Turn Sequence clarifications" in the official FAQ.

I believe the impact in the case of Fiery Rhetoric is that the effect's control points may count toward victory conditions in the Sundown Phase. Likewise for Ancestor Spirit's influence point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Morton

Washington
msg tools
Got it, not sure how I missed that in the FAQ. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.