Subject: Kickstarter Contents rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I use free shipping as an excuse to buy more gamesMicrobadge: Minnesota Twins fanMicrobadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed GamesMicrobadge: Northwestern UniversityMicrobadge: Bass Guitar fan
So I know this is an annoying question, because the kickstarter page kind of explains this, but to clarify, if I were to back this game, what would I be getting that would not come in the retail version? Essentially, what are the perks to kickstart it. Is it worth it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeroth
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything under the banner Kickstarter Contents. And yes it's absolutely worth it. By the end of the campaign all enemies will have unique sculpts and the dollar per miniature ratio for those are really good. Plus the deck holder is laser cut wood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Fire
United States
Warwick
RI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The following items are not planned for retail (KS exclusives):

Special game box
Critical Hits bag
wood deck holder
Deluxe hero sheets
Standard-Bearer/Warlord hero character

Everything else is slated for retail but not guaranteed of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I use free shipping as an excuse to buy more gamesMicrobadge: Minnesota Twins fanMicrobadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed GamesMicrobadge: Northwestern UniversityMicrobadge: Bass Guitar fan
So the retail game will have all those unlocks with it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Im just confused because on the ks page it says most ks stretch goals only apply to the ks version of the game, but to me, it seems it is the other way around

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeroth
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bassman211 wrote:
No, retail core only comes with act one material. Not only will the retail core box not have all the unlocks, but some exclusive items will never be available at retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
mbmbmbmbmb
strgzr13 wrote:
bassman211 wrote:
No, retail core only comes with act one material. Not only will the retail core box not have all the unlocks, but some exclusive items will never be available at retail.
This is correct, the retail core box will only have Act 1 Materials (refer to Act 1 image on KS), ACT 2 will be an expansion pack that they have said will be released 2017, the optional add-on's such as the dragon expansion will be released sometime 2017 also.

So benefit to backing is that you get all of the content earlier, for countries other than the US probably cheaper & there are about 20 quests available (more to come), the core when released will only contain 7 of the 20 so you're getting tons more content Day 1

Also with the All-In pledges/addons available you get access to the optional content too which is quite good

The only stuff that won't make it to retail from what I've heard is the KS exclusives such as the hero mats, KS hero & S&S bag

EDIT: Ares has already broken this down really well on their KS
Core Retail Box
KS benefits (only a few are exclusives)

The above also doesn't include the optional add-on's you'll get in the All-In pledge levels/add-ons
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Ok yes, but for the KS benefits image, some things have the KS seal and some do not. My first impression was that the retail version of course would not have the things with the KS seal, but would come with everything else. So thats why I was confused

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bassman211 wrote:
Ok yes, but for the KS benefits image, some things have the KS seal and some do not. My first impression was that the retail version of course would not have the things with the KS seal, but would come with everything else. So thats why I was confused
I can understand that. After all, there's really three different categories of stuff that KS backers get:

1) stuff from the retail box -- which, as the name says, will be what the retail box will contain. So all of Act I material (i.e. 26 or so miniatures and lots of counters, cards and 20 map tiles, rulebook and so on)

2) stuff that the KS has but the retail box doesn't. But this stuff may one day be released to retail as expansions. This is the bulk of the Stretch Goals, Act II, lots of miniatures and so on.

3) stuff that the KS has, the retail box doesn't and that will NEVER get published into retail (aka KS exclusives). This category contains of exactly 5 items: Standard Bearer Hero, Special KS Box, card holder, bag and deluxe hero sheets (all the items with the green KS seal on them).

So I'd say that while the retail edition will most probably be good bang for buck, category 2 stuff is what makes this KS a GREAT deal. I could easily see this for 180-200$ in retail (depending on whether you can find a special price).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
mbmbmbmbmb
Also the one thing this KS has over say the GD KS is that all these extra miniatures have a structured use, not only in pre-defined missions/quests during Act 1/2 & Side Quests but they can be inserted quite easily into any mission/quest by way of matching required strength & monster class which I think helps extend the life of the game even more!

This means that you'll be able to play with every single monster miniature without any funky house rules or custom quests!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
So by supporting the kickstarter, you get Act 2 for free essentially?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
bassman211 wrote:
Yes, that's how I'm looking at it too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
mbmbmbmbmb
bassman211 wrote:
Yes, but not only Act 2, you also get all the extra minis required for additional side quests plus what soon will be released as the 'Dark Portal' campaign which is a downloadable set of side-quests.
If you get the Immortal or Dragon Slayer Pledge Level/Add-on you also get the large dragon expansion set which includes additional campaign side quests plus what has been described as an additional 'Raid' mode for the dragon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bassman211 wrote:
To be fair, no you do not get it completely free.

You do pay for it with a part of your pledge.

The retail game won't be $110 (more like $70-$80 or so, I guess). The rest of the money is for the stretch goals. So, there is some payment for those included in the pledge.

Still, it is a great value and as a whole should be a good deal cheaper than getting it all via retail later.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
See, thats what I was trying to get at. I didnt think retail would be 110. I mean, with CSI pricing for ACT 1 and 2, my guess is it would end up being a wash, except you get those 5 KS things, which are kind of cool I guess.

Either way Ill back

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bassman211 wrote:
See, thats what I was trying to get at. I didnt think retail would be 110. I mean, with CSI pricing for ACT 1 and 2, my guess is it would end up being a wash, except you get those 5 KS things, which are kind of cool I guess.

Either way Ill back
In the KS you also get more enemy types and many more heroes than come in retail including the proposed Act II expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls