Hide
6 Posts

Terra Mystica» Forums » Rules

Subject: No available spaces rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
E J
msg tools
I have only seen this happen once to Chaos Mages who were last in turn order and got their starting building completely surrounded. Is there any provision in the rules for if you get in a situation where there are no possible spaces to build (completely surrounded and landlocked, all spaces within max shipping taken, etc.)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Wood
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chaos Magicians only get 1 dwelling to start and they place it last so, if it does happen, they put themselves in that position.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B.
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
char(filter(1,[1 -1],[66 5 0 -39 82 -3 -12 8 8 -82]))
mbmbmbmbmb
No special rule--if the CMs get locked in, they're just stuck. I can't picture a scenario where I would play the CMs where I wouldn't start on a river, in no small part for this reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Space Trucker
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Being completely blocked can only happen to you when you place your one dwelling in the lower corners of the (basic) map - you should not do that with any starting dwelling anyway. Every other red hex on the basic map is situated at the river.
When you are completely surround on the land, you can still advance shipping and build you next dwelling on a near red or yellow/grey hex. There may be situations were you have to advance shipping twice. Maybe you will be to far behind to win anymore after this, but not being able to build any other build seems very unlikely unless multiple other players team up to achieve that.

Chaos Mages are a strong, but fragile faction - I would not recommend them for someone playing his first game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
Microbadge: I am a Terra Mystica fan!Microbadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: Egizia fanMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.Microbadge: Level 13 BGG poster
SpaceTrucker wrote:
Being completely blocked can only happen to you when you place your one dwelling in the lower corners of the (basic) map
E7 right in the middle of the new map is also a potential prison for a Chaos Magician who doesn't dig out in time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E J
msg tools
E7 is exactly where I saw this happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls