Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Damn you hand! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jonathon pendleton
msg tools
Regal visit, damn them. I know it could have been worse. I rolled a 4, lost everything in storage I had some iron, 2Nd heart, 5 leather, screaming brain, some feathers , 6 scrap, and a small sampling of other items. Didn't mind losing the one in pop. Had a survivor with one leg and afraid of the dark so she was expendable. Had a split second of should I resist and fight this thing. Cheated and just peaked at his info and saw that toughness and was like Nope. Not today, I'll take what I got and catch you on the flip side. But now I'm questioning if I made the right choice should I have resisted with those materials on the line?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
thetachi364 wrote:
Regal visit, damn them. I know it could have been worse. I rolled a 4, lost everything in storage I had some iron, 2Nd heart, 5 leather, screaming brain, some feathers , 6 scrap, and a small sampling of other items. Didn't mind losing the one in pop. Had a survivor with one leg and afraid of the dark so she was expendable. Had a split second of should I resist and fight this thing. Cheated and just peaked at his info and saw that toughness and was like Nope. Not today, I'll take what I got and catch you on the flip side. But now I'm questioning if I made the right choice should I have resisted with those materials on the line?
The problem with resisting is that it raises the level of the next Hand that you face...so if you resist before the Showdown: Hand, you have to fill in the L1 Hand box and then face the L2 hand for the next Showdown just a few years later.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
I have found that the hand is the easiest nemesis monster to fight.

I was in a similar position to you and lost lots of good storage, but I didn't resist.

This meant my last three nemesis encounters were with the hand, rather than the butcher (having AI cards a turn) or the kingsman with silent hymn and a stupid number of high strength attacks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Joe Bauers
United States
flag msg tools
No matter games or life
badge
Honesty over everything
Avatar
mbmbmb
Slaaneth wrote:
I have found that the hand is the easiest nemesis monster to fight.

I was in a similar position to you and lost lots of good storage, but I didn't resist.

This meant my last three nemesis encounters were with the hand, rather than the butcher (having AI cards a turn) or the kingsman with silent hymn and a stupid number of high strength attacks.
While this might help really late game, I resisted. The Hand is one of the most fun fights (and probably the easiest Nemesis). I may pay for it later in this settlement, but it was great.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Symmetrical Docking wrote:
Slaaneth wrote:
I have found that the hand is the easiest nemesis monster to fight.

I was in a similar position to you and lost lots of good storage, but I didn't resist.

This meant my last three nemesis encounters were with the hand, rather than the butcher (having AI cards a turn) or the kingsman with silent hymn and a stupid number of high strength attacks.
While this might help really late game, I resisted. The Hand is one of the most fun fights (and probably the easiest Nemesis). I may pay for it later in this settlement, but it was great.
I am worried that I might need to resist when he comes in a years or two time, as I am building up my resource stockpile, though I was able to,kill a lvl1 kimgs,an in 3 turns, so I might resist and fight a level 2, then the hand twice more.

And I agree that the hand is the most fun fight, though I haven't yet fought the phoenix.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is why you learn to spend a bit frivolously, since there are a few ways to get your resources reset. Sucks, I know.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls