Eric Hymowitz
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So a friend of mine noted that the Pennsylvania board does not have the legend showing the number of points for the number of played trains. He said that this means you don't actually score points for playing trains, only for the tickets and stock certificates you collect. I responded that the Pennsylvania rules say to use the standard TTR rules unless they are specifically changed in the Pennsylvania rules, and the Pennsylvania rules do not indicate this change.

Who's right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett C
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Score as normal. They should've printed on the board or at least included a reference card.

Official answer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Lampertheim
msg tools
Microbadge: Die Burgen von Burgund fanMicrobadge: Auf den Spuren von Marco Polo fanMicrobadge: What's Your Game fanMicrobadge: Rococo fanMicrobadge: Zooloretto fan
Unbelievable that they forget for the second time to print the score track list on the board since the swiss gameboard. I dont understand this!!! Esspecielly because the 7part line does not exist on every normal basic boardgame. For the minimum the must print a small version on this Pennsylvania boardside like they was doing it on the african board! Or put a card into the box extra to put it on the table to look when i need the scoringlist. I am very disappointed about this thing!!! cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven F.
Sweden
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pantoffel wrote:
Unbelievable that they forget for the second time to print the score track list on the board since the swiss gameboard. I dont understand this!!! Esspecielly because the 7part line does not exist on every normal basic boardgame. For the minimum the must print a small version on this Pennsylvania boardside like they was doing it on the african board! Or put a card into the box extra to put it on the table to look when i need the scoringlist. I am very disappointed about this thing!!! cry
It's strange, that this Days of Wonder company can make so perfect game mechanics and wonderfully printed boards only to forget to include the correct rules (the anniversary edition) or scoring table (Pennsylvania). Not to mention my regular complaint: the rules translator into Swedish doesn't know Swedish grammar...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Vecstric
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fomalhaut wrote:
Not to mention my regular complaint: the rules translator into Swedish doesn't know Swedish grammar...
Slightly OT: Care to mention the grammar errors in the Swedish rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven F.
Sweden
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ezel wrote:
Fomalhaut wrote:
Not to mention my regular complaint: the rules translator into Swedish doesn't know Swedish grammar...
Slightly OT: Care to mention the grammar errors in the Swedish rules?
I can give examples from the UK rules. Many of them are what in Swedish is called "särskrivningar", to which I can't find an English equivalent. Illegal separation of words, maybe?

The examples as well as my comments below are written in Swedish.

* United Kingdomkartan (bör vara United Kingdom-kartan)
* I ett 3 eller 4 personers spel … (särskrivningar)
* I ett 2 personers spel … (särskrivning)
* Wales medgivande (särskrivning – och varför inte använda det svenska ordet koncession?!)
* Irland / Frankrikes medgivande (särskrivning m.m.)
* Skottlands medgivande (särskrivning)
* Det finns inga Globetrotter eller Längsta sträckan bonusar i detta tillägg. (särskrivningar – och ordet ”tillägg” låter bara fånigt i sammanhanget)
* Denna person är den enda som flyttar poängmarkörerna genom hela spelet eller som hela tiden påminner spelare om att flytta sin poängmarkör när de själva glömmer det. (fraserna kommer i konstig ordning och gör att syftningarna bakåt i meningen inte håller rent logiskt)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip "Rastula" Nowakowski
Poland
Poznań
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i played yesterday a 3 players game without counting any points for track and... the game played very well

playing just for shares and tickets was surpassingly tens and dynamic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Come on Days of Wonder. It's not like this is the first time you have produced Ticket to Ride.

Put a BIG SIGN on the wall of your art department saying DO NOT FORGET TO PRINT THE TRACK LENGTH/POINTS AWARDED ON THE GAME BOARD!!!

Better yet, make the scoring key the FIRST THING you put on the design template, then work around it.

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bcbgg wrote:
Score as normal. They should've printed on the board or at least included a reference card.

Official answer
I'm irritated too about not having the scoring graph on the board for all to see! angry So I tried to remedy it myself.

Not sure if those in this forum saw the picture I shared in the file section of a point reference charts to possibly stick on the board, but I came up with something. I'm usually pretty paranoid about permanently altering one of my game components, much less the board itself, but I don't envision ever selling this one away so I felt a little better here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/125044/possible-point-refr...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls