Hide
10 Posts

Cthulhu Wars» Forums » General

Subject: Just Pledged... So how does next part work... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
shion smith
msg tools
So I've never kickstartered before, and I have the base game. I'm off on vacation for 2 weeks, so figured a good time to get this in now since it will be over before I'm back.

My question is, I would like to buy (more than 150) of stuff from the ala carte menu. I'm thinking I'd actually like mostly stuff from the original kickstarter.

So I basically pledged a dollar. My understanding is I'll get the stretch if I buy more than 150 of stuff. I have to somehow add to my pledge through a "pledge manager" how long do I have to do that as I will not be hear when the actual campaign ends?

And I am looking at the "old ones" package. So I did right to pledge the dollar then, wait to get asked to add to my pledge and pick this later right? It didn't seem to be a pledge option up front.

Any other tips from folks?
Very sorry about my kickstarter inexperience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Proto
msg tools
There's two ways you can add to your pledge. First, you could wait until the pledge manager is online once the Kickstarter is over. The second option is to manually increase your Kickstarter pledge by hitting the "manage your pledge" button before the Kickstarter ends; increase your pledge by the summation of add-ons that you want. Increasing the Kickstarter pledge now, before its over, is beneficial since you will be helping to unlock more stretch goals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Johnson
msg tools
In essence, after the campaign finishes your pledge level and total pledge amount gets ported into the pledge manager over at CrowdOx and you are given the opportunity to specify what any extra money you pledged should go to. During the pledge manager phase you will also have the opportunity to add more funds to your pledge if you wish, although funds added then won't count towards stretch goals, if that's a thing you care about. The pledge manager is also when shipping gets sorted out, with Petersen Games taking everyone's shipping address and then giving everyone exact quotes on shipping.

As an example, say you choose the 'Pnakotic Manuscripts' pledge level ($150), and then increase your pledge to $215 total, when that gets ported over to the pledge manager it'll notice that you pledged $65 extra and you'll be able to tell it you want the Windwalker faction box and the High Priests expansion. You can do this for any pledge level, even 'Tomb Herd' ($1).

I'm not certain the timeline for the pledge manager, but it'll probably launch a month or so after the campaign, and be kept open for a month or two from there for everyone to get their details sorted out. Mostly, the takeaway right now is if there's things you know you want, go ahead and add the money to your pledge, and be sure to write down a note to yourself of what you're going for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodger Samuel
United States
Beaver Falls
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The key thing is, unless you pledge $150 or more now, before the campaign ends, you will not be eligible for the stretch goals. Why? Because stretch goals are a reward to those who actually helped the game to be produced. A $1 pledge doesn't actually help much.

After the campaign is over, if you want to buy other items à la carte, you can use the pledge manager to do so. But, if you want the stretch goals, pledge at least $150 now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott F
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Another new kickstarter question here. Can I pledge for the $150 MFO level and later increase it to the Nameless Cults level in the pledge manager after the official KS has ended? Or would I be forced to add all the individual items I wanted instead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Johnson
msg tools
ScottF wrote:
Another new kickstarter question here. Can I pledge for the $150 MFO level and later increase it to the Nameless Cults level in the pledge manager after the official KS has ended? Or would I be forced to add all the individual items I wanted instead?
Arthur has said in the KS comments that that will be possible. The only hitch is if you'd try to get into one of the limited tiers, but Nameless Cults is not one of those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Prince Albert
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
It should also be noted not all KSer use a pledge manager so if you back other campaigns do jot expect one unless its mentioned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ぶる ぶるっ
msg tools
Night fell and the hours dragged on, but still we murmured to each other of the King and the Pallid Mask, and midnight sounded from the misty spires in the fog-wrapped city.
badge
We spoke of Hastur and of Cassilda, while outside the fog rolled against the blank window-panes as the cloud waves roll and break on the shores of Hali.
mbmbmbmbmb
DrZaat wrote:
The key thing is, unless you pledge $150 or more now, before the campaign ends, you will not be eligible for the stretch goals.
This is incorrect. Arthur says otherwise here:
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/20712780#20712780

existoid wrote:
if you ever reach $150 (at least by the time we close the PM) you'll get all SGs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
Although it does not help us reach more stretch goals, if you pledge 150 or more even during the pledge manager you will receive the stretch goals.
If too many do that, however we won't reach as many stretch goals so in general I advise against waiting. On the flipside, the pledge manager actually takes a smaller cut than kick starter. So theoretically we prefer it if very few people pledge now and everyone pledges a lot in the pledge manager But for your sake's unlock more stretch goals now

Essentially a pledge manager is a specific survey or menu that allows you to carefully select the exact pledge and add-ons that you want. It will allow you to increase to a higher pledge level as well as select which add-ons you want based on the money you provided or to provide more money if you want to get even more add-ons.

Our pledge calculator, made by the same guys who are doing our pledge manager, should be open as soon as tomorrow. It will be very similar to the pledge manager and will show you what it will look like so you can see how easy it will all be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shion smith
msg tools
Thank you so much for the info... wanted to make sure you didn't have to answer within 3 days of the KS ending or something while I was away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls