here's my take on a solo variant of the castles of burgundy (this is pretty much just common sense rules for a lone third player, but with 4 vp per completed type of tile and 2 vp per sold good):
1) set up the game the normal way when it comes to starting resources
and the goods on the 5 phases a - e.
2) place only the small bonus tiles, they are worth their highest points,
so 4 vp each.
3) populate all the hexagons with the number 3 in them, follow the
special rule for the alternating castle/mine.
4) resupply between phases, keeping the special castle/mine spot in mind.
5) when getting workers for a die, get 2 workers as normal.
6) when selling, each sold good gives 2 vp instead of just 1. each sell
renders 1 silverling as normal.
7) each mine pays 1 silverling between phases as normal.
8) buying from the black market (where there are 2 new tiles each phase)
costs 2 silverlings as normal.
9) during end game scoring, everything works as normal.
i just played through this and got 188 points, which is sort of normal. perhaps a bit low..
a couple of things that could be tweeked a bit:
* black market, either don't remove old tiles from it, and if it becomes
full, no more tiles are added; or put 4 new tiles there between phases.
* workers, get 3 workers when sacrificing a die instead of 2, to mitigate
the fact that each pod only holds 1 tile each at the start of each
phase; at the end game scoring every triplet of left over workers gives
you 1 vp.
* goods, each sold good gives 1 vp, and at the end game scoring, every
pair of unsold goods gives 1 vp.