Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott O'Brien
United States
Connellsville
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Pittsburgh Penguins fanMicrobadge: Pittsburgh Steelers fanMicrobadge: Go Steelers!Microbadge: Pittsburgh Pirates fan Microbadge: Pittsburgh Steelers fan
I had received a msg about having a thread I posted deleted.
However the person who deleted the thread simply signed the post:

--- This message was auto-generated - do not reply ---
A Geek Forum Moderator

How am I supposed to reply and challenge a wrong moderation decision, if all moderation is done anonymously from an unreplyable account?

I posted a thread In the NotreDame area about promo's being offered for sale on Amazon.com by a third party seller.
Quote:
'Notre Dame expansion available on Amazon for 9.99 + ship... 10 copies remaining
It was suggested that I could post it in the Hot deal section IF it was a particularly good price, however availability of an unavailable out of print item at a regular price is not a hot deal!
I have seen very much similar talk in other forums Example:
Troyes: [thread=1449229][/thread]

Why would telling people where to get an unavailable item not be a good use of the forums for that item?

I also have a large problem with moderators deleting useful information, if there is a more appropriate place to put it, rather than just moving it there, that is a disservice to all BGG users.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
Your threads were reported as spam (or at least I think so - the report has had the username and threads links removed now that the spam has been cleaned up).

Deletion and a cursory geek-mail notice is standard.

Contact
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
for moderation issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Posting something in the wrong forum will usually get you moderated. There's no reason to be upset about it. If it's a good price, put it on Hot Deals. Subscribers will love you for it.

Pete (is one of them)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls