Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

During my second solo game for Freedom, the Fugitive Slave Act card appeared in the queue. I was wondering, is a cube on the shipping route in the Atlantic immune to the brown Slave Catcher? The way the rules are written, I would suggest not, but it feels a little funny that they wouldn't be safe.

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are not safe from capture. If you are looking for a thematic way to frame this, the people were discovered and handed over when the boat docked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Brian,

Yep, seems reasonable. I had looked at the board, thinking I could move on to the boat from Charleston and be fine. Then I noticed that the lines looked the same as those on land, and seeing as the cubes didn't need to be on the slave catcher routes to be caught, I was expecting that being at sea wouldn't protect them.

0-2 in solo so far, but I haven't been the conductor yet. Tough but interesting game.

Would it also be possible to point you to the other question I posted, regarding Bleeding Kansas? I think a clarification there would be useful.

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Duarte
Portugal
Lisboa
flag msg tools
:-)))
badge
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rules, for the "Fugitive Slave Act" says:
Quote:
When triggered, 3 slaves in spaces connected to slave catchers are captured and sent back to the bottom-most Slave Market Card. If there
are more than 3 to choose from, the players may select which slaves are captured.
Just to make sure, what means "spaces connected to slave catchers"? Which aren't the spaces connected to slave catchers? Only the plantations and Canada? Or it means only directly adjacent to slave catchers? If so, I can try to avoid having slaves with direct adjacency to slave catchers... whistle

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spaces directly connected to slave catchers. They don't have to be on the slave catcher's path.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls