Scott O'Brien
United States
Connellsville
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Pittsburgh Penguins fanMicrobadge: Pittsburgh Steelers fanMicrobadge: Go Steelers!Microbadge: Pittsburgh Pirates fan Microbadge: Pittsburgh Steelers fan
There are a lot of out of print games.
There are also a lot of copies of those out of print games, which can still be found in hidden spots and announced to other users.

As often as I can, I try to help other BGG users find out of print games at reasonable prices, however ALL my threads keep getting deleted because they are sales talk.

THESE DO NOT BELONG IN THE HOT DEALS SECTION... they aren't hot deals.
But they are beneficial to the community.
just today I know of at least 2 threads with useful information about how to obtain out of print games were marked as spam and deleted because they were not in the HOTDEALS section.

The moderation around here is getting absurd!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Book readerMicrobadge: I play fingerstyle guitarMicrobadge: Game Boy fanMicrobadge: Chick-Fil-A fan

I don't think this is a case of absurd moderation -- the problem with posts announcing game sales such as these, and the reason they get moderated and removed, is that the posts turn into time-wasting clutter the instant the sale is completed and the item no longer available.

It's helpful to remember that other members have to red-x an item to bring it to the attention of the admins, unless one of them happens to see the item by chance.

But having made those points, I am still in agreement that it could be quite handy to have some sort of separate area, a sort of "Warm Deals" kind of area, either in the game pages or as a sub-forum, where non-eBay game sales could be mentioned (eBay sales are covered already, since anyone can add the links into that section of a game page). It would be nice to have an easy way to share the news of such sales with other folks.

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls