Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » Rules

Subject: Post your May rules questions here (spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Folsom
United States
Wilmore
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want a place for people to post questions without having to search like I did and accidentally spoiler a future month.
Please include Early vs Late May
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Folsom
United States
Wilmore
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Early May
You should have roadblock tokens. When you peel off one of the stickers, it says in yellow on the actual dossier to open a box. We totally missed that and took a while to figure out what was going on.
Also, our faded cities sticker fell off. The first faded city will be the yellow "patient zero" city.
We were lucky enough to have 0 faded in April
2 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Koenig
Germany
Fuerth
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
Tom is crazy!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Late May/After May concerning upgrades

Spoiler (click to reveal)
I have a question after 1st May game. You get the permanent road blocks and road block tokens.
a) How many road blocks tokens are there (12) available. What happens if you run out. Take 1 from another city maybe like Quarantine markers.
b) How many stickers are there and for 1 upgrade, HOW MANY permanents can I place, and do all have to be around the same city.

Im not sure, the german translation confuses me a little bit, im not sure if I am supposed to tear 1 sticker into 3/3rds or what..

And totally unrelated sidenote, I cannot phrase with a questionmark because the key is broken on my laptop ;-)
Thx


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mechaniac wrote:
Late May/After May concerning upgrades

Spoiler (click to reveal)
I have a question after 1st May game. You get the permanent road blocks and road block tokens.
a) How many road blocks tokens are there (12) available. What happens if you run out. Take 1 from another city maybe like Quarantine markers.
b) How many stickers are there and for 1 upgrade, HOW MANY permanents can I place, and do all have to be around the same city.

Im not sure, the german translation confuses me a little bit, im not sure if I am supposed to tear 1 sticker into 3/3rds or what..

And totally unrelated sidenote, I cannot phrase with a questionmark because the key is broken on my laptop ;-)
Thx




We had the same question (a) and decided that if you ran out you couldn't move them from elsewhere...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
They're already built after all. Seems like a lot of effort to take down a roadblock and move it elsewhere. That's not supported by any rules we could find, however.


As for end of game upgrades...
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The English versions says "Use a game end upgrade to make any 3 roadblocks on the board permanent." They can be anywhere on the board and don't have to be around the same city.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Folsom
United States
Wilmore
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
woodnoggin wrote:
Mechaniac wrote:
Late May/After May concerning upgrades

Spoiler (click to reveal)
I have a question after 1st May game. You get the permanent road blocks and road block tokens.
a) How many road blocks tokens are there (12) available. What happens if you run out. Take 1 from another city maybe like Quarantine markers.
b) How many stickers are there and for 1 upgrade, HOW MANY permanents can I place, and do all have to be around the same city.

Im not sure, the german translation confuses me a little bit, im not sure if I am supposed to tear 1 sticker into 3/3rds or what..

And totally unrelated sidenote, I cannot phrase with a questionmark because the key is broken on my laptop ;-)
Thx




We had the same question (a) and decided that if you ran out you couldn't move them from elsewhere...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
They're already built after all. Seems like a lot of effort to take down a roadblock and move it elsewhere. That's not supported by any rules we could find, however.


As for end of game upgrades...
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The English versions says "Use a game end upgrade to make any 3 roadblocks on the board permanent." They can be anywhere on the board and don't have to be around the same city.


Yes, this is how I understood it too. Don't forget, it only takes 1 action to make as many roadblocks as you want for that city. So for us, Kolkota I think it was had one blocking Hong Kong and Ho Chi Man city since red is our faded.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allison
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
themaster408 wrote:

Yes, this is how I understood it too. Don't forget, it only takes 1 action to make as many roadblocks as you want for that city. So for us, Kolkota I think it was had one blocking Hong Kong and Ho Chi Man city since red is our faded.


Really? I need to go back and re-read about roadblocks, I thought it was only one at a time. Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Happen to know which box? We may have missed them also.
Thanks

EDIT: It's BOX 4
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Powell
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a question that I don't see addressed anywhere, and I'm curious about it.

In May, roadblocks are introduced, and I feel I have a good grasp on how they work.

Our medic has the Local Connection upgrade (as I suspect is probably the case in most everyone's copy). Local connection states "Once per turn, you may Treat Disease in a city connected to your city."

Can you use the Local Connection to treat through a roadblock? I want to say yes, but I'm not 100% sure about that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicol Stéphane
France
chateaugiron FRANCE
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
I have 2 questions about May and the 403D directive.
1/ Can you confirm that you can't cure CODA anymore except with the colonel ?
2/ When you draw cards at the end of your turn, if the card is coda-colored, you have to place a zombie on the board, but do you have to put it in the same city as the card drawn ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Pepster71 wrote:
Can you use the Local Connection to treat through a roadblock?

I'd say yes, because there's no reason you can't.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Kenran wrote:
Can you confirm that you can't cure CODA anymore except with the colonel?

You mean "treat", not "cure"? You can't cure C0Da even with the Colonel.

Indeed, even the Colonel can't "treat" C0Da. What the Colonel can do is go round shooting faded figures, which is a similar but different action. This matters because, for example, the Local Connections upgrade wouldn't let the Colonel remove faded figures from an adjacent city.

But, basically, yes, in May the Colonel is one of very few options you have for removing faded figures which are already on the board. Far better to stop them arriving in the first place, if you can!

Quote:
When you draw cards at the end of your turn, if the card is coda-colored, you have to place a zombie on the board, but do you have to put it in the same city as the card drawn?

"When drawing player cards, check if any City cards drawn match the color of C0Da. Place a Faded figure in each of the matching cities. ..." - I'd say that was very clear.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicol Stéphane
France
chateaugiron FRANCE
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Quote:
You mean "treat", not "cure"? You can't cure C0Da even with the Colonel.


Yes, i mean treat.

Quote:
"When drawing player cards, check if any City cards drawn match the color of C0Da. Place a Faded figure in each of the matching cities. ..." - I'd say that was very clear.

Indeed, but it's not said like that in the french version.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
That's... unfortunate.

Having seen discussions elsewhere about the Dutch and German versions elsewhere, it feels like Z-Man is going to have to find a way to get more reliable translations before they publish Season 2.

I don't envy them; it's a difficult task. Maybe they need the designers to annotate an English copy, making it clear which bits need to be translated precisely, and which can be translated discursively, then have pedants triple-check the precise bits. Or something.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mischa D. Krilov
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
When *is* BGG Con 20XX registration, anyway?
badge
This space intentionally left blank. :)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
woodnoggin wrote:
Mechaniac wrote:
Late May/After May concerning upgrades
Spoiler (click to reveal)
I have a question after 1st May game. You get the permanent road blocks and road block tokens.
a) How many road blocks tokens are there (12) available. What happens if you run out. Take 1 from another city maybe like Quarantine markers.



We had the same question (a) and decided that if you ran out you couldn't move them from elsewhere...
Spoiler (click to reveal)
They're already built after all. Seems like a lot of effort to take down a roadblock and move it elsewhere. That's not supported by any rules we could find, however.



We had the same question (a) and decided that we could make as many as we want/need. After all, the Quarantine token rule explicitly states that those tokens are mix-limited: if you run out to move a Quarantine token from one space to another. There's no similar qualifier about these tokens.

I'd love to hear any other thoughts and interpretations.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
rossum wrote:
We had the same question (a) and decided that we could make as many as we want/need. After all, the Quarantine token rule explicitly states that those tokens are mix-limited: if you run out to move a Quarantine token from one space to another. There's no similar qualifier about these tokens.

I'd love to hear any other thoughts and interpretations.

I disagree - once they're built, they're built. If you run out, that's tough.

That has to be the default, and the rules say no different. (By way of contrast, for various other things the rules do say different.)

Also:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The rules explicitly state that you don't need to put this-game-only roadblock tokens on top of permanent roadblocks (this is different from the rules for starting research stations and military bases). There would be no reason to specify this unless roadblock tokens were intended to be a limited resource.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Donghi
Italy
Near Milan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
clivej wrote:

Also:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The rules explicitly state that you don't need to put this-game-only roadblock tokens on top of permanent roadblocks (this is different from the rules for starting research stations and military bases). There would be no reason to specify this unless roadblock tokens were intended to be a limited resource.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Actually, you may want to begin the game with less roadblocks so you can enter the CoDA zone and place a military base or quarantine cities before their cards even appear. Roadblocks may get in the way.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.