Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am BATMAN!
Microbadge: GameChat League - Amoeba Division: "Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious predator on Earth!"Microbadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: A Game of Thrones fanMicrobadge: I play with blue!Microbadge: The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast fan
1) Can you use an Octopus symbol on a black die to combo with the "Lab" action?

2) During an Opponents bonus action, can you use all the octopus dice to score & to check them off towards your negative 2 points for that round?

3) When you use 2 dice, are those dice no longer available for your 2nd action on your turn?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: I love to play against Cooper!Microbadge: Bayer 04 Leverkusen fanMicrobadge: Endeavor: Age of Sail fanMicrobadge: Coffee addictMicrobadge: Underwater Cities fan
Bond8089 wrote:
1) Can you use an Octopus symbol on a black die to combo with the "Lab" action?
No, Octopuses are never used for "actions".

Bond8089 wrote:

2) During an Opponents bonus action, can you use all the octopus dice to score & to check them off towards your negative 2 points for that round?
No, you just use up to 2 of them.

Bond8089 wrote:

3) When you use 2 dice, are those dice no longer available for your 2nd action on your turn?
This is correct. You have to use 4 of the 6 dice to perform your 2 actions. This also means, if you roll to many Octopuses, that you might not get 2 actions.

Bond8089 wrote:
Thanks!
You're welcome! ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am BATMAN!
Microbadge: GameChat League - Amoeba Division: "Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious predator on Earth!"Microbadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: A Game of Thrones fanMicrobadge: I play with blue!Microbadge: The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast fan
bayerbube wrote:

Bond8089 wrote:

No, you just use up to 2 of them.
OK, I just want to make sure I am clear on what my options are when using an "opponent bonus action". So I can either use two dice (one black and one white to perform a "main action" or i can use two dice for Octopus, but will not score them, I can just mark Octopus off on my sheet to prevent me from losing -2 points for the round? Or can I do both, Take a main action + use the octopus to mark off on my sheet? Sorry, but the rules were very vague (at least in the english rules) on how this Opponents bonus action really works.

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: I love to play against Cooper!Microbadge: Bayer 04 Leverkusen fanMicrobadge: Endeavor: Age of Sail fanMicrobadge: Coffee addictMicrobadge: Underwater Cities fan
Here are your options:

Use two dice to perform an action just like when you do on your own turn. But only two dice. So, either combine one black and one white die or you take 1-2 dice with octopuses. And using octopuses you perform an octopus action. Scoring points (when scoring two octopuses it is one point to be exact) and maybe crossing off the two octopuses to prevent yourself from getting minus points.

To me the rules are pretty clear. Even the english ones.

1. You may use any two dice
2. Perform a main action or an octopus action

There is nothing more to know. All the other stuff is in chapter b) and c). And my 1. is the restriction for this copy action.

You can also sum it up like this: Use two of the dice to do the same stuff like you do when you are on your own turn. But just 2 dice. That's pretty much it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just played a couple of 2-player rounds. Nice "yhatzee" clone.
I have two questions regarding the abilities granted by the research tiles:
If you use an opponent's dice to perform an action, do you trigger any of the active or passive special abilities you acquired? (E.g. Do you score extra points for an action if you have the respective tile, or can you use a yellow face on the black die as a wildcard etc.) Can you use a sub as a robot or similar if you have the ability? If so, does it count as your "1x per turn use" of the ability

We ruled that none of the tile apply if it is not your turn, but it does nor matter as long as you keep it persistent for all players.

Also, of you are the active player and use a "face-changing" ability, does this actually, physically rotate the die, so it becomes that die for other players copyimg it, or does ot keep its face and just gives another effect?
If the face changed, can inactive player copy it before and/or after it changes?

We played it never changes faces, which keeps gameplay simpler and does not create timing questions.

Just to be sure, "copying" dice happens only once the final roll stands, and the rerolls are mandatory, so if you happen to like all 6 faces on your initial roll, you still MUST reroll 4 of them (exactly 4).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tarod wrote:
Just played a couple of 2-player rounds. Nice "yhatzee" clone.
I have two questions regarding the abilities granted by the research tiles:
If you use an opponent's dice to perform an action, do you trigger any of the active or passive special abilities you acquired? (E.g. Do you score extra points for an action if you have the respective tile, or can you use a yellow face on the black die as a wildcard etc.) Can you use a sub as a robot or similar if you have the ability? If so, does it count as your "1x per turn use" of the ability

We ruled that none of the tile apply if it is not your turn, but it does nor matter as long as you keep it persistent for all players.

Also, of you are the active player and use a "face-changing" ability, does this actually, physically rotate the die, so it becomes that die for other players copyimg it, or does ot keep its face and just gives another effect?
If the face changed, can inactive player copy it before and/or after it changes?

We played it never changes faces, which keeps gameplay simpler and does not create timing questions.

Just to be sure, "copying" dice happens only once the final roll stands, and the rerolls are mandatory, so if you happen to like all 6 faces on your initial roll, you still MUST reroll 4 of them (exactly 4).
- When you copy an action of the active player, you CAN use your lab functions!
- The active player does NOT physically rotate the dice, you played this correctly. The big advantage is that all non-active players can make their copy-action without waiting.
- Yes, you must reroll 4 dice after your first roll - even if you like to keep all of them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
Microbadge: Parent of One GirlMicrobadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: CLICK MICROBADGE to see what I have FOR SALEMicrobadge: King of ThriftersMicrobadge: Ebay fan
barandur wrote:
Tarod wrote:

4).
What about the part: If so, does it count as your "1x per turn use" of the ability ?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
belial1134 wrote:
barandur wrote:
Tarod wrote:

4).
What about the part: If so, does it count as your "1x per turn use" of the ability ?

Thanks
No - it's once per turn, not once per round. Your own turn is the next turn, so you can use the Lab tile again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kovach
United States
California
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization fanMicrobadge: Rahdo Runs Through 2017 Super Fan!Microbadge: The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game fanMicrobadge: Leonardo - The Battle CommanderMicrobadge: Rick and Morty fan
1) When you expand to the Plus-lab tile, do you immediately get the 1 point? We believe that you would not get the point immediately.

2) For the Super-Level lab tile (I 1): Does the cube you are moving to a level 2 tile have to currently be on a level 0 or level 1 lab tile? Can it be a marker in a column that was never expanded to level 0?

Thank you,
J

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jmkovach wrote:
1) When you expand to the Plus-lab tile, do you immediately get the 1 point? We believe that you would not get the point immediately.

2) For the Super-Level lab tile (I 1): Does the cube you are moving to a level 2 tile have to currently be on a level 0 or level 1 lab tile? Can it be a marker in a column that was never expanded to level 0?

Thank you,
J
1) no, not immediately, from your next turn on.
2) It doesn't matter where the marker is, it doesn't have to be on a level 0 or 1 tile

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls